Postdoctoral Fellow PhD
Dr. Wehrens‘ research lab focuses on the role of intracellular calcium handling in cardiac arrhythmias and heart failure. One focus area is atrial fibrillation, and the role of posttranslational changes in calcium channel regulation. Another focus area is new proteins involved in excitation-contraction coupling and their role in heart failure.
- Organizing and implementing complex research plans.
- Development of new methods.
- Testing and data collection.
- Analysis and interpretation of data.
- Writing detailed scientific reports and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Possess superior communication skills and present their research findings on a regular basis to both peers within the center and at national and international meetings.
- No teaching will be required of this position.
PhD in biological sciences, or biotechnology.
- Preferred experience in cloning, cell culture, animal models, and gene therapy vectors.
- Strong Communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston