Manager, TRIO Student Support Services-Grant Funded
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.
Oversees staff and/or specific program(s) involved in implementing specific activities or processes and provides strategic decision-making and leadership. TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Program is a federally funded grant program. The Program Manager ensures the development of quality educational programming for the SSS program participants in a manner consistent with college polices, the objectives and standards of the U.S. Department of Education guidelines for TRiO Student Support Services, and federal regulations governing grant programs. Builds relationships with collegiate professionals, community leaders, and social service agencies and provides expertise in program administration, personnel management, and program evaluation. This is a temporary, grant-funded position. Continuation of the position from one academic year to the next is contingent upon continued grant funding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of grant activities to meet stated goals; Works collaboratively with internal and external contacts; Serves as college liaison with various state/federalagencies
- Responsible for personnel management, including but not limited to hiring, training,and evaluating staff, and developing and prioritizing schedules, activities, andprojects
- Responsible for program oversight and evaluation; Prepares departmental objectives and coordinates grant activities with Program Officer and System Office Grants department; Evaluates the quality of services provided and determines ways to improve services and implement neededchanges
- Develops and maintains a variety of campus community activities associated with program objectives; Plans and directs the development and communication of information pertainingto studentparticipation
- Develop, interpret, and implement all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to grant; Monitors compliance of program to federal/state regulations and LoneStar College policies andprocedures
- Develops, implements, and evaluates recruitment activities for program to coincide with other campus student recruitmentstrategies
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives to obtain information toincrease efficiency andenrollment
- Develop and manage budgets for area; Monitors grant expenditures adhering to federal regulations and submits periodic reports relating to funding; Develops, organizes, and submits proposal to funding agency for grantfunding
- Responsible for purchasing, initiating purchasing contracts, and relationships with outside vendors
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties asassigned
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support interaction with individuals from diverse backgrounds; Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to perform research and obtaining external resources for student success
- Strong supervisor, management, and training skills
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds and ages
- Knowledge of federal grant regulations, particularly TRiO programs
- Ability to compile student data for dissemination and reporting purposes
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general officeequipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of theposition
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safetyhazards
- Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience supervising, coordinating or managing services for diverse, high-risk, under-represented and/or low income populations
- Must demonstrate experience, commitment to, and sensitivity for addressing the needs of economically and educationally disadvantaged individuals
Hiring salary range is $52,430.00 - 60,295.00
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood