Assistant Professor - Chemistry (Organic)
The Department of Chemistry at Valdosta State University seeks outstanding applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in organic chemistry. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate's area of expertise, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels. Appointment date is August 1, 2021.
VSU is proud to have a highly diverse student body and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
The department offers ACS certified Bachelor of Science degrees in chemistry and biochemistry as well as degree tracks for pre-professional programs. The department also maintains collaborations with regional pharmacy programs. Over 100 students major in chemistry at VSU and many participate in an active undergraduate research program. Advanced scientific instrumentation and laboratory space are available for both teaching and research.
Teaching responsibilities include organic chemistry lecture and lab courses with the opportunity to teach upper-level specialty classes in the candidate’s area of expertise; initiating and sustaining a research program involving undergraduates; and assisting with the maintenance of the department’s NMR facility.
- Completion of Ph. D. in organic chemistry;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant's career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
Online application is required. For more information contact Dr. Kurt Winkelmann, Department Head, via email email@example.com.
Valdosta State University is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta