C.N.A./H.H.A./C.M.A. Technical Instructor
Washburn Institute of Technology seeks applications for Certified Nurse Aide/Home Health Aide/Certified Medication Aide Technical Instructor. This is a 10-month, full-time position with benefits. The position starts on January 4, 2021.
- Two years of verifiable full-time experience in clinical practice as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
- An unencumbered Kansas nursing license.
- A registered nurse with a minimum of an Associate degree in nursing.
- An instructor number for CNA/CMA courses or the ability to obtain an instructor’s number from the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services (KDADS).
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing with long-term care experience.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Approved HHA instructor number from KDADS.
The Technical Instructor position consists of four essential functions: teaching, service, collegiality, and professional development.
- Develop a curriculum according to course competencies on each course syllabus.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and the lab.
- Enforce policies for safety and use of personal protective equipment for all individuals in the lab environment.
- Maintain student records about the program (i.e. Certification testing and the assessment plan).
- Evaluate students’ work, administer tests, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
- Share (as appropriate) student information with student services and the dean’s office.
- Use the university’s learning management system to track grades as required.
- Evaluate each course one teaches and assess personal performance in teaching.
- Participate in college-wide staff development days, departmental meetings, and fulfill committee assignments.
- Serve on campus-wide committees as needed; participate actively in departmental/program advisory board meetings.
- Foster a positive relationship with industry and the community.
- Submit budgeting and purchase recommendations.
- Act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows respect for students, staff, and colleagues.
- Participate in graduation ceremonies and/or other ceremonial events as pertains to the department.
- Maintain and/or advance training in industry-recognized certifications.
- Seek opportunities for professional development and/or advancement of educational degrees.
- Stay abreast of innovations and developments in the professional field and take advantage of instructional support programs offered by the University.
- Adhere to college and University policies and perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
- Application review will begin October 23, 2020, and continue until the position is filled. To apply submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, copies of current credentials, and the names and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com . Please use “Tech Instructor – C.N.A.” in the subject line. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburns efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the Universitys commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.