IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
External Link to Posting
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Chief Information Officer - 55000
Business Affairs - 35000 Division
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The IT Project Manager plans, coordinates, and executes project management initiatives for Enterprise IT projects at UNCW . This position is responsible for communicating project milestones and keeping stakeholders and leadership informed of project status and associated risks. This position leads interacts with all levels of employees.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or
closely related degree from an appropriately accredited
institution; or a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,
Project Management or closely related degree from an appropriately
accredited institution and three years of experience in IT project
management or technical project management work;
- Demonstrated experience analyzing design, development,
integration or implementation of software products
- Ability to conduct business process evaluations.
- Broad understanding of technology to be able to evaluate
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze and evaluate diverse
solutions applicable to multiple projects by identifying and
managing dependencies with other technology projects and current
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate IT support
requirements to stakeholders prior to and after implementation of
new software products.
- Ability to communicate effectively and act as a liaison between
IT vendors, IT project stakeholders, IT Project Managers, and
technical subject matter experts.
- Ability to grasp technical data and communicate to a broad
range of technical and non-technical people. Demonstrated ability
to manage IT projects according to industry standards.
- Ability to manage expectations and communicate effectively with
- Strong understanding of technology processes and systems and how they align with university strategic goals and objectives.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Project Management Certification.
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The Information Technology Project Management Office provides support by managing and leading all of the ITS projects.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Special Notes to Applicants
Remote work option available
Months Per Year
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited Positions
Job Posting Date
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
- If you are a current or past UNCW employee, or student, please
provide your 850 number.
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington