Interim Hall Director
The Hall Director is expected to work closely with other College personnel to address the social, developmental, and academic needs of our students. The Hall Director is also expected to play a major role in the operation of the institution by assisting the Assistant Director and Director of Residential Life in various housing administration and operation tasks, as well as participate in several collateral projects within the Division of Students Affairs.
The Hall Director is responsible for assisting an Area Coordinator in developing and maintaining a robust and thriving community within their designated residence halls. The Hall Director is responsible for building a community with our students, and encourage students to combine their co-curricular experiences with their liberal arts curriculum to enhance their educational and developmental goals.
- Assist in the community development responsibilities for a traditional residence facility housing up to 400 students.
- Assist the Area Coordinator in community development for an entire residential area
(comprised of two or more residence halls)of up to 800 students.
- Hire, train, and supervise a staff of up to eleven Resident Assistants and one Senior Resident Assistant.
- Participate in on-call response and crisis management across campus.
- Serve as a conduct officer for first-level offenses in their residence hall.
- Work with students, individually and in groups, to resolve concerns related to student success and retention.
- Complete administrative processes that include: damage billing, opening and closing the Residence Hall, Room Condition Report audits, etc.
- Manage occupancy and room change process for the residence hall.
- Oversee a residence hall programming budget.
- Serve on one committee for the Office of Residential Life(i.e. student staff training and development or student staff selection).
- Other collateral assignments as assigned within the residential life department and division of student affairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Student Affairs experience as a student is required.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, students, and faculty members.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and Web browser, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Mail, and Carthage portal.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a telephone and computer keyboard.
- Requires the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (such as addition/subtraction) to maintain budget.
- Requires the ability to travel occasionally to conduct College business.
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha