Lab Technician Construction Technology
Lab Technician Construction Technology
2550 Bending Branch Way,, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Lab Technician Construction Technology
Responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment and safety requirements. Provide assistance to faculty, staff, and students with complex lab and/or technical classroom support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, plan, and prioritize laboratory activities for the Construction Technology area. Maintain laboratory supplies and materials inventory.
- Perform clerical duties including operating a computer, maintaining records and files, and compiling data and reports as required; collect and maintain data and records.
- Coordinate, operate, and monitor lab facilities and activities. Direct and organize preparation of lab materials, supplies, workstations, equipment, computers, and other media to ensure efficient lab operations.
- Adapt and apply laboratory methods, practices, and techniques common to designated area.
- Ensure safe laboratory conditions including safe and secure handling and storage of supplies and equipment. Recommend, implement, and maintain safety standards and departmental policies and procedures to comply with federal, state, and local hazardous materials, health and safety hazardous waste regulations, and other applicable regulations with EPA, OSHA, DOT, RCRA, TCEQ and other regulatory agencies and acts.
- Initiate purchase requisitions, controls expenditures, prepare cost estimates for budget recommendation and submit justifications and requests for capital outlay items. Prepare specifications and analyze bids for purchases.
- Operate, install, maintain, and trouble-shoot laboratory equipment. Set up, configure, and calibrate new equipment. Write instructions and standard operating procedures for equipment operation.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with use of lab equipment and facilities.
- Perform assigned special projects or assignments based on unique laboratory needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma or equivalency certification and two (2) years of related work experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
Relevant certifications/licenses, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Construction Technology
- Knowledge of laboratory tests, experiments, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of hazardous material/waste handling and disposal
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective assistance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audio/visual equipment skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to identify and resolve lab technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software
- Ability to use related laboratory software applications
- Ability to follow and enforce lab policies, protocols and guidelines established by the department
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to vibrations, chemicals and oils. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney