Director of Purchasing
Directs purchasing functions for the University. Information about the area can be found online at https://employees.dixie.edu/business-services/purchasing/ .
- Direct the procurement of University supplies and services, ensuring compliance with State of Utah Procurement Code and University purchasing policies and procedures.
- Write and distribute Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and formal bids for the procurement of goods and services.
- Negotiation of purchasing contracts for the University.
- Counsel and train University employees and suppliers regarding University purchasing policies and procedures.
- Direct the University purchasing card program, including training and employee compliance with policies and procedures.
- Determine advisability and feasibility of new methods and procedures for procurement of goods and services.
- Collect and analyze data on quality standards for services and commodities purchased.
- Approve purchase request based on budget availability and compliance with procurement policies.
- Oversee the computerized purchasing system, including directing transitions to new systems and system upgrades.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or other related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years’ related experience required; purchasing experience within a higher education environment preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of university administration, policies, procedures, contract law and language.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and fiscal management, as well as budgeting in a university academic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise excellent human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with university employees and the public.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time (12-month) professional staff position. Annual salary of $75,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of November 16 or December 1, 2020. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 28, 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George