Communications and Marketing Manager
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Communications and Marketing Manager Department Steely Library Compensation Title Position Number 30001904 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:15 am – 4:30 pm
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The W. Frank Steely Library is searching for an imaginative and experienced professional to serve as our dedicated Communications and Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and expand the library’s communications and marketing strategies by producing effective and engaging content about the library’s pedagogical and outreach efforts, evolving services, and growing collections. The Communications and Marketing Manager will evaluate and implement a range of projects that serve to inform and engage the campus, donors, and the region. The Communications and Marketing Manager will lead projects including producing annual reports, designing collateral for library outreach efforts across multiple platforms for both internal and external audiences, and managing the library’s new website launching this fall. Identifying new stories to promote departmental projects, experimentation, and user experiences is also a key responsibility. The position will liaise with NKU’s Office of Marketing and Communications and the NKU Foundation to explore relevant partnerships that advance campus relations.
- Manages the library’s digital presence and communications, including the website, digital signage, social media, and messaging to campus offices and student groups to increase the library’s exposure and engagement with users. These communications should adhere to a calendar with realistic production schedules to ensure high quality production and timely distribution.
– Develops and produces donor relations materials that target the Friends of Steely Library and other potential donors.
– Develops strategic impact reports, presentations, and other collateral to convey the library’s story, especially in terms of demonstrating the library’s contributions towards accreditation and raising the library’s reputation on campus and in the region.
– Evaluates qualitative and quantitative data regarding current communication outlets and strategies.
– Develops and updates print communications and signage for events and the library building.
– Liaises with NKU’s Office of Marketing and Communications and the NKU Foundation to explore relevant partnerships that advance campus relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or a directly related field from an accredited institution preferred
– A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
– Two years related work experience required
– Experience with graphic design, layout, and production along with use of software such as Adobe Create Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and email/event marketing tools
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree Minimum Experience 2 years Salary Pay Grade S70
Requisition Number 2020S1253 Job Open Date 10/12/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9618 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application