Assistant Athletic Director for Business Services
University Code 11914 University Title Senior Administrator 1, Athletics University Job Family Athletics ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search National Working Title Assistant Athletic Director for Business Services Position Number FA4930 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Athletics Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The purpose of the Assistant Athletic Director for Business Services position is to provide professional operational execution of business services to support the VCU Department of Athletics. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: preparing and monitoring annual budgets to assure compliance with University, state and NCAA policies. Reconcile and distribute monthly budget reports for Athletics and foundation accounts on a timely basis. Process journal entries as needed. Review and approve all travel vouchers in Chrome River. Initiate and approve purchase requisitions through the use of a purchasing card or the RealSource Procurement System. Management and reconciliation of Athletics Travel Card. Administer and report on the NCAA Special Assistance Fund. Assist in preparing annual financial reports. Perform cost and trend/projection analyses. Management of annual ARMICS process; recommending and implementing internal financial controls. Assist with implementing and evaluating Business Office strategic plan goals; evaluating procedures and recommending improvements. Oversight of the day to day operations of the Athletic Business Office.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or related field with Masters or other advanced degree in business, accounting, or administration. Experience and training at a level that equates to an advanced degree may be substituted for an advanced degree
• 3 or more years of progressive experience in areas of accounting and financial analysis
• Extensive proficiency and experience with Microsoft Excel and working proficiency with other Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Minimum of four years working in a collegiate athletics business environment
• Experience in preparing monthly reports as well as annual EADA, NCAA, and Conference Office financial reports
• Working knowledge of internal audit process and methods to ensure organizational compliance
• Experience with annual budget development
• Experience working with Banner, RealSource and Chrome River
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $65,000 - $70,000 Application Process/Additional Information
All candidates must apply via the VCU eJobs system at http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101097. A cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references must be uploaded as part of this application process.
This position will close on November 17, 2020 with a priority application deadline of November 10, 2020.
For any questions, please contact Takeya McLaurin at email@example.com.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 + Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 10/13/2020 Posting will close on or before 11/17/2020 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101097 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a college degree in business, accounting, or a
- * Do you have at least three years experience managing budgets
and doing financial analysis?
- * Do you have any experience working within an NCAA Division I
intercollegiate athletics program?
- * Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of the VCU
Department of Athletics. If selected for this position, please
describe how you will promote our culture of diversity, equity, and
inclusion in your day-to-day work.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond