Community Service Officer (3rd Shift)
Posting Number S01309 Position Title Community Service Officer (3rd Shift) Internal Position Title Community Service Officer Department Police Department Position Type Staff Job Family Classified FOP Union Job Summary
Under the administrative supervision of the Lead Community Service Officer, the Community Service Officer assists College personnel and visitors, and enforces College rules and regulations, works in tandem with the Police Officers when called upon, provides service and protection to the people and property of the College of Lake County, and is proactive in providing a safe environment for employees, students, and the public.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid driver’s license.
3. Work experience with public contact.
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to patrol on foot all facilities.
6. Ability to carry or drag 150 pounds.
7. Civilian or military law enforcement/security experience.
1. Associate’s degree or higher.
2. Full LEADS Certification.
Posting Date 10/12/2020 Closing Date 11/01/2020 Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
NOTE : This is primarily a 3rd shift position, 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. Days and times may vary, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Pay Rate $17.03/HR. Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., Days and times may vary, 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have the ability to patrol on foot at all facilities?
- * Do you have the ability to carry or drag 150 pounds?
- * Do you have the ability to pass a thorough background
- * Do you have an Associate's degree or higher?
- * Do you have law enforcement or security experience?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1