Hourly Lab Engineer
Job Code/Title 82763 - H - Lab/Research Technician 3 Position Number HU1137 Working Title Hourly Lab Engineer Department Mechanical And Nuclear Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $11 -$25 dependent on experience Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Up to 28 hrs/wk Normal work days Monday-Friday/varies on need Normal work hours Day shift, varies by need Job Category Laboratory Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The hourly lab engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day activities required to support the research goals of a large research lab.
Specifically, duties include:
• Developing algorithms and software in the area of multi-scale mechanics
• Facilitate research in the area of multi-scale mechanics and assist in the
completion of critical lab functions
• Execute prescribed protocols as outlined by supervisor in a timely and
• Consistently record results in various formats and periodically report to supervisor
• Part-time, non-benefited position limited to 28 hours per week
*Please note this appointment is dependent upon continued funding.
• Previous technical experience in mechanics of materials and finite element analysis is required.
• Previous experience in coding algorithms in Java and/or Python and/or Fortran software languages with specific applications in mechanics and materials is required.
• Mechanical Engineering and/or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent field) coursework covering materials, mechanics and finite element method.
• Previous experience working in an academic research environment is required.
• The College of Engineering supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
• Ability to coordinate and perform multiple development efforts simultaneously.
• Must be detail-oriented and have good observation skills.
• Should have a willingness to learn and use specialized techniques.
• Familiarity with the research process and principles of research design required
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Ability to establish priorities and to handle multiple tasks.
• Successful applicant should be able to generate sound scientific data and associated reports with the ability to present results clear and concisely across frequent internal and external team meetings
• Previous experience working with Peridynamic approach
Job Open Date 10/12/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101123 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond