Emergency Generator Mechanic - (STA006520)
Responsible for inspections, repairs, and preventative maintenance on all emergency electrical generators at the University of Houston.
- Inspects and repairs all emergency electrical generators for the University buildings and facilities.
- Performs run tests on all assigned generators as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all assigned generators to include tune-ups and oil changes.
- Maintains a database on all assigned generators reflecting the history of each unit, which may include but not limited to, preventative maintenance, exercise run times and dates, and load tests.
- Works with Electric Shop Supervisor and Electric Shop Lead Person ensuring repair parts and supplies are in stock for use as needed.
- Performs all work in a workman-like manner using the safest practices possible.
- Participates in special task force during periods of emergencies including floods, storms, hurricanes, power outages, and extremely cold weather.
- Assists electricians in maintaining building lighting as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and 1 year experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Preferred Qualifications / Additional Information:
One year or more of commercial experience inspecting, repairing and providing preventative maintenance on emergency electrical generators .
Licensed or certified small engine mechanic a plus.
Previous experience working with large volume of maintaining commercial emergency electrical generators .
Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston