Administrative Associate III, Phyllis J. Washington College of Education
The Phyllis J. Washington College of Education invites applications for an Administrative Associate III position . This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Dean’s Suite reception area for the Phyllis J. Washington College of Education.
The duties for this position include:
- Serves as office manager for the dean’s suite to include prioritizing and directing workflow from walk-in traffic, incoming calls and the College email account, purchasing supplies, reconciling monthly supply orders, creating and maintaining email distribution lists, and maintaining copy machines.
- Follows up on information requests by referral to the appropriate department or through investigation and research to gather information for more complex inquiries.
- Provides administrative support for multiple members of the Dean’s suite including coordination of College events, developing reports, and producing materials for meetings.
- Cultivates and maintains professional relationships with key constituents including University faculty, staff, and administrators, current and prospective students, P-12 school partners, and other external stakeholders including alumni and donors as the first point of contact for the College.
- Collaborates with UM’s Conference and Event Services to schedule College rooms for events and conferences.
- Collaborates with three departments and three specialty units in the College to coordinate room schedules for classes, co-curricular activities, and meetings.
- Supports college outreach and promotion efforts.
- Assesses and supports the overall College online presence (website, content management, etc.) to maintain alignment with College and University of Montana vision and protocol.
- Completes College website updates and maintenance.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of College Development Advisory Board meetings and events.
- Assists the preparation of all aspects of CoE Dean’s Office correspondence and documents, including proofreading, formatting, fact-checking, and posting as well as maintenance of all support materials, file copies and electronic document catalogs.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the College and University and the roles performed by others in the unit and across campus; working knowledge of and ability to use University software systems (Banner, UMDW, etc.) for data viewing and collection; and a working knowledge of FERPA regulations.
- A high degree of professionalism and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including diplomacy required to function effectively in a dynamic & interdependent team environment
- Ability to work with highly sensitive, confidential information; skill to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work proactively and independently, but also collaborate with a team
- Proven ability to problem-solve, set priorities, pay close attention to detail and successfully meet deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Experience interacting with senior-level managers and executives
- Ability to learn and use new technology and programs as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional office practice and procedures; business English, spelling, composition, and grammar, including the ability to write, edit, and layout documents in a variety of formats suitable for the intended audience;
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machine, multi-line phone system
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to three (3) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
About the College of Education, UM , and Missoula
The Phyllis J. Washington College of Education shapes professional practices that contribute to the development of human potential. We are individuals in a community of lifelong learners, guided by respect for knowledge, human dignity and ethical behavior. To advance the physical, emotional, and intellectual health of a diverse society, we work together producing and disseminating knowledge as we educate learners.
We are a community of learners who improve educational realities and change lives.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Administrative Associate III
Position Number: 065930
Department: Phyllis J Washing College of Education
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Salary: $14.105/hr - Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, November 2, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner