Budget Analyst II, College of Humanities and Sciences
The College of Humanities and Sciences/Dean invites applications for the position of a Budget Analyst II . The person assigned to this position is responsible for planning, budgeting, forecasting, accounting, and fiscal management of assigned department operating budgets for the College meeting all fiscal deadlines. The employee in this position provides an accurate financial picture for management to use for reporting, planning, and decision-making.
The duties for this position include (but not limited to):
- Accurate completion of personnel forms, either in U-Approve or in paper format if the form is not available in U-Approve or EPaf
- Processing of payroll via GTO or the monthly payroll roster
- Completing ProCard re-distributions in an accurate and timely manner
- Entering procurement transactions in GrizMart and submit or assign to the staff member responsible for the budget the transaction is being expensed to
- Approval of GrizMart transactions for carts assigned from requesting purchasers who do not have Banner purchasing permissions for department operating budgets
- Assists in completing accurate Request and Authorization to Travel forms and Travel Expense Reports for travelers. Accurately entering completed travel forms in GrizMart and submitting the form or assigning to the staff member responsible for the budget the transaction should be expensed to
- Generates, tracks, and authorizes payment of Contracted Services agreements and coordinates the process with the University procurement department via GrizMart
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of the University of Montana financial systems and be able to make financial decisions based upon knowledge of funding requirements and financial information obtained from University of Montana financial systems; and develop proficiency at processing transactions within all University platforms such as U-Approve, GrizMart, and ePaf.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional budget management practices and accounting principles.
- Experience applying professional budget management practices and procedures and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated written communication skills including, grammar, composition, and the ability to edit.
- Demonstrated skill in use of personal computers and relevant software such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, and Access.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and to work projects independently.
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalency) in business or a related field, in addition to two (2) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Experience in a similar position in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge of UM computer programs such as InfoGriz, UMDW, Banner, CyberBear, Ponderosa.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
About the College of Humanities of Sciences and UM
The mission of the College of Humanities and Sciences is to pursue academic excellence by providing unique educational experiences through integration of the liberal arts, graduate study, and professional training with international and interdisciplinary emphases. As the intellectual core of the University of Montana, we fulfill the central purpose for which the University was chartered in 1893 by providing a liberal education and integrated knowledge of the humanities and the sciences.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story. We encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disability preference in accordance with state law.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Budget Analyst II, College of Humanities and Science
Position Number: 019000
Department: College of Humanities and Sciences
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year,
Salary: $18.376/hr – Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Monday, November 2, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular