Withdrawal Coordinator, Business Services
Business Services at the University of Montana invites applications for a Withdrawal Coordinator (Accounting Associate III) to join their team. This employee is an integral member of the Student Accounts Team and is expected to provide expertise in return of federal financial aid and Title IV federal aid regulations. Manage all processes of student withdrawal, credit drops and account adjustments for Title IV federal aid and all other financial aid including scholarships, non-federal grants and waivers. Research federal and state laws and regulations and develop procedures and processes to ensure compliance with all laws, rules and regulations governing withdrawals and credit drops.
As the Withdrawal Coordinator in Student Accounts this position is expected to interpret, understand and apply federal Title IV regulations for the return of federal financial aid including official and unofficial withdrawals, Hardship Petitions and credit drops. This position will be required to learn, know, and apply all State, Board of Regents and University regulations and procedures fairly and consistently as they apply to students. This position will complete the Return to Title IV calculations and ensure the return of federal financial aid in compliance with Title IV federal regulations. They will notify students by letter of the return of federal funds. They will review, verify and approve all refunds that are a result of a withdrawal.
This position will be expected to comply with all Title lX reporting requirements as may occur during the withdrawal counseling of students. This position will review and approve or disapprove all Hardship Petitions in accordance with University policy as they pertain to students who have withdrawn after the 15th day of class or its equivalent. This position will be responsible for maintaining the comments on students’ accounts and maintenance of the withdrawal tracking spreadsheets and reports as they are needed for all withdrawals and Hardship Petitions.
This position is also responsible for the monthly reconciliation of Direct Lending. They will work with the Financial Aid Office loan coordinator to ensure that all federal loan funds are disbursed and returned in compliance federal regulations governing the federal loan funds. They will also reconcile the Revolving Fund as it pertains to checks processed on students’ accounts and short-term loan accounts. They will determine the amount to be reimbursed for short term loans and process the journal voucher entry completing reimbursement.
This position will share in and backup all functions necessary to process student refunds biweekly. This will require extensive knowledge of the student refund process and system. This person will monitor and maintain all FE (Do Not Refund) holds. This position will manage the Stale Date process in accordance with Montana State rules related to refunds that cannot be delivered and will require knowledge of federal regulations governing the refunding of all federal financial aid.
In addition, this position will also assist in a variety of tasks and functions as assigned and shared with other staff in Student Accounts as well as daily monitoring of MBRSPAY report, Paid Wrong Way reports, Law Dual Term students and all other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to collaborate with others and be a strong and cooperative team member
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and governmental fund accounting
- Effective public relations, interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals, create and maintain effective working relationships and remain professional and courteous at all times
- Ability to perform well under pressure and in a high-volume environment
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical skills and strong writing skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to remain flexible and professional in stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to complete other projects and tasks as assigned
- Demonstrated organizational, problem-solving, time management and multi- tasking skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Accurate data-entry skills
- Must be a self-starter and work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and take initiative as appropriate as well as be receptive to instruction and training as required for new projects and tasks
- Proficient in use of personal computers and related software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook) with the ability to learn new software and systems
- Proficiency with the operation and simple maintenance of standard office equipment (ten-key, copiers, printers, fax, multi-line phones)
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and two (2) years’ experience in a proven customer service and basic bookkeeping role
- Associates degree in Accounting or a related field
About Business Services and UM
The mission of Business Services is to provide financial services responsive to the needs of students, staff, administration and faculty of the University of Montana. We accomplish our mission by wholeheartedly supporting the pursuit of academic excellence. We proactively meet challenges, enhance services and achieve productive results. We deliver exceptional customer service to all that require our assistance to successfully reach their educational goals.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Withdrawal Coordinator (Accounting Associate III)
Position Number: NEW
Department: Business Services
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $14.59/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday, October 26, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner