Accounting Associate IV, Facilities Services
Facilities Services at the University of Montana invites applications for an Accounting Associate IV to join their team. This position reports directly to the Associate Director for Fiscal Operations. Responsibilities are performed autonomously with independent decision making based upon procedural guidelines. Consultation with position’s supervisor occurs as needed, but individual is expected to be self-directed especially with regard to duties related to Campus Stores invoice processing ($770K/year), maintenance contract management, and accounts receivable activity. The individual must have good attention to detail, work independently but also be able to function as part of a team.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Administrator of fuel credit cards responsible for generating reports from vendor website, analyzing activity for compliance, ordering new cards or deactivating cards as needed. Processes credit card payment and invoices for fuel purchased for Facilities’ fuel pump ensuring only applicable taxes are being charged and then calculating the new fuel recharge rate for the fuel pumps.
- ProCard reconciliation in banner for a number of large volume users, ensuring ProCard policies are being followed, acceptable receipts are attached and proper accounting is applied to transactions.
- Prepares off-campus invoicing for customers utilizing services provided by Facilities Services (custodial, vehicle rental, etc.). Invoices are processed thru Business Services’ Student Accounts Receivable, and this individual works with their staff to ensure accuracy of billing/coding. Individual is responsible for reconciling Banner receivable records with invoices and identifying outstanding/uncollectable payments.
- Works with the Energy Engineer to ensure utility bills are accurate and processed against the appropriate funds and correct fiscal year. Prepares journal vouchers to recharge non-state accounts for utilities (water, sewer, electric and natural gas).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Facilities Services’ Accruent Management Software and its interaction with GrizMart (procurement software) and Banner Finance (accounting software) as it relates to Campus Stores procurement activity. Ensures that Campus Stores staff understand and fully utilize the tools available in the Accruent software and that appropriate segregation of duties exists. Corrects edits that occur in feeds between Accruent, GrizMart and Banner. Ensures that ProCard purchases and shop’s material cards are correctly documented in Accruent software. Acts as the technical expert on the procurement side of the Accruent software. Reconciles invoice payments between Accruent and Banner Finance.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Facilities Services’ Accruent software and the generation of work order charges and how they are fed into Banner Finance. Works with IT staff to correct edits, researches feed issues and generates work order adjustments or Banner Journal entries as needed to ensure charges are correctly calculated and recorded in Accruent and Banner Finance. Performs accounting reconciliations to ensure that work order charges generated in Accruent are accurately and appropriately recorded in Banner Finance.
- Processes all non-construction GrizMart or Banner accounts payable and general accounting entries for Facilities Services: processing travel expenditure documents; Non-PO invoice payments; annual maintenance requisitions; deposits and expenditures abatements; manages clothing and safety glasses program and processes employee reimbursements; fiscal year end accruals and prepays; verifying, tracking and processing annual licenses (pesticide, fire sprinkling, elevator, etc.) and allocating costs among campus departments; preparing and tracking Administrative Leases. Reconciles vendor statements with invoices and researches vendor payment issues utilizing knowledge of Facilities’ software program, Banner and GrizMart.
- Work as a dispatcher at the Work Desk when other staff are unavailable. Reviews work order requests received through the Accruent software program and ensures that appropriate coding (building space, type of work performed, charge versus no-charge, account code) is submitted on work requests. Knowledge of building maintenance work and equipment in order to accurately assign work order to appropriate crew (ex: HVAC versus Plumbers). Maintains a calm presence when emergencies arise or work load is heavy. Follows appropriate policies and regulations related to dispatching Transportation Services vehicles and building keys to Contractors.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge and understanding of Banner Finance, GrizMart and Accruent Facilities software programs and the interaction between the systems. It is also expected the employee in this role develop a thorough understanding of campus procurement processes and procedures as they relate to Facilities Accruent management system and ProCard purchases.
- Must be accurate, pay attention to detail with good follow-through skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate in a professional and concise manner with campus customers and external vendors
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service including problem solving and follow-up
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of administrative software systems used to procure and track purchases, track accounting entries and manage work requests related to facilities management
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing processes in response to changes in the technological environment.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of procurement practices
- Must possess a good understanding of accounts payable processes and procedures
- Thorough understanding of standard “good accounting practices”, especially those related to non-profit accounting
- Able to perform accounting reconciliations to ensure that computer feeds between software systems are functioning accurately
- Able to stay calm while dispatching facilities craft personal in response to sometimes critical facilities work while maintaining a professional composure
- Solid understanding of facilities management and the type of work performed by various crafts
Minimum Required Experience
- Experience to perform at this level is typically acquired with an Associates degree in Accounting or Finance and two (2) years of relative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Dispatch experience
- Experience with Banner Software Jaggaer Procurement Software, Accruent/FAMIS Software
- Accounting experience at a College or University
About Facilities Services and UM
Facilities Services is charged with the efficient operation and maintenance of the University’s state-funded physical plant and assists the various auxiliary operations with these services when requested. Facilities Services also supports the campus in enhancing and developing its physical plant.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Accounting Associate IV
Position Number: 085020
Department: Facilities Services
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $17.44/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, October 25, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner