Admin Assoc IV, Health Careers Opportunity Program
The College of Health invites applications for an Administrative Associate IV to function as administrative support and database manager for Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP). The person in this position will work 50% of their time to track all students recruited, admitted and graduated from the professional programs. The person in this position will devote fifty (50) percent of their time to track all students recruited, admitted and graduated from the professional programs. This position will help coordinate the evaluation process by gathering information through formal surveys and informal interviews of all program activities to give to the evaluation committee and directors. This position will also make sure HCOP web presence for recruiting and retaining students is up-to-date with scholarship, financial aid, and application materials. As the data base manager you will track debt load and repayment plans of each student. This position will survey sites and students to ensure program goals are being met; financial aid audits will be conducted; pre and post-test scores will be analyzed; and academic performance will be monitored. This position will review and analyze past grant data stored in various formats including paper, Access database, and Excel database, and using this data and analysis, this position will develop recruitment strategies for the department.
The person assigned to this position will work fifty (50) percent of their time on the UM-HCOP grant to handle daily clerical duties such as correspondence, record-keeping, word-processing, and responding to information requests and assisting the staff working on the various programs. This position coordinates travel of recruiters, coordinator and directors and any quest speakers, and maintain all application materials. The person in this position will also prepare materials for evaluation, and coordinate meetings including advisory group meetings. This position will exercise spending authority on limited budget items, including purchasing office supplies, tracking and reconciling budget, including department Procard using Grizmart, Banner, and UMDW.
This position requires incumbent to develop working knowledge of university specific programs (e.g., BANNER, Cyberbear, GrizMart, etc.) and University of Montana specific policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously using critical thinking and good judgment and multitask with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records including both written and electronic files
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment, office computers and related software (e.g., MS Office Suite) and web editing platforms (e.g., Cascade CMS) with the ability to learn new software programs as needed
- Demonstrated stellar customer service and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain high quality/standards of work, leadership, ethics, commitment, and professional responsibility and judgement
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional office practices and procedures; business English, spelling, composition, and grammar
- Excellent proofreading and editorial skills, including the ability to write, edit, and layout documents in a variety of formats suitable for the intended audience – professional writing sample is required
- Demonstrated interpersonal, public relations and communication skills including the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate computers and related software for word processing, data analysis and communication – e.g. Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, social media apps
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machine, multi-line phone system
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Proven ability to set priorities, delegate tasks and pay close attention to detail
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma (or equivalency) in addition to four (4) years of closely related experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully handle the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Related work experience in higher education.
- Working knowledge of University specific programs (e.g., BANNER, Cyberbear, GrizMart, etc.).
- Knowledge of University of Montana specific policy and procedure.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
About Health Careers Opportunity Program, UM , and Missoula
The mission of HCOP is to promote University of Montana as a recognized leader in the training and development of a multicultural health care workforce that serves to reduce health disparities in underserved and diverse communities through research, culturally proficient education, community interaction and engagements through Grizzly values.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Administrative Associate IV
Position Number: 064080
Department: HCOP , College of Health
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $16.446/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and may be different from the posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS - MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Thurs day, November 5, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Candidates are required to submit the following materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below.
Please note, only five (5) attachments allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related the stated required skills for the position.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner