FULBRIGHT UNIVERSITY VIETNAM
Fulbright University Vietnam invites applications and nominations for the position of Provost.
About Fulbright University Vietnam
Fulbright University Vietnam (FUV) is a young Vietnamese university established in 2016 on the promise of Vietnamese-American partnership, serving Vietnam and the world through teaching, research, and engagement with society. Fulbright aspires to become an apex university that educates, innovates, and solves problems. We are committed to innovation over replication, a foundational principle that begins with our identity as a university rooted in and dedicated to contributing to Vietnamese society. To support us in our mission, we collaborate with the University of Texas System, the Harvard Kennedy School, Minerva Schools, the Olin College of Engineering, and Bard College.
Fulbright currently occupies a purpose-built facility in District 7 of Ho Chi Minh City. In 2023, Fulbright will move to its permanent 15-hectare campus in the Saigon High Tech Park. Fulbright is home to approximately 50 full-time academic staff and 70 full-time administrative staff. Undergraduate enrolment currently stands at around 300 students and growing, with an additional 100 graduate students in the Fulbright School of Public Policy and Management.
Fulbright’s founding academic priorities include:
- The Fulbright School of Public Policy and Management (FSPPM), a US-accredited graduate professional school established by Harvard University and incubated by the Harvard Kennedy School until the university’s founding in 2016.
- Vietnam’s first undergraduate program in engineering and the liberal arts and sciences, which welcomed its inaugural freshman class in September 2019.
- An applied research program focused on the grand challenges facing Vietnam and the world.
- A commitment to excellence in priority fields including Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Public Policy, Vietnamese Studies, Cybersecurity, and the Arts.
- The ambition to become Southeast Asia’s leader in blended learning and digital education.
More information about FUV may be found at https://fulbright.edu.vn/.
A Singular Opportunity
Fulbright’s Provost provides intellectual leadership, guided by a compelling and transformative vision, to the university’s academic programs and our community of students, faculty and staff.
Our next Provost will have a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact on FUV as we define our future, cultivate our culture, and pursue our bold ambitions. As the leader of Fulbright’s academic enterprise, the Provost plays a critical role in leading and inspiring the university community to achieve the institution's ambitious goals and meet the expectations of our external constituencies and stakeholders.
The Provost reports to the President with a dotted line to the Executive Committee of the Governing Board, comprising the board of the directors of the Trust for University Innovation in Vietnam (TUIV) a US 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
The Provost is a core member of the university’s executive team, together with the President and the Chief Operating Officer. As a young institution laser-focused on execution and rapid growth, the university’s senior executives enjoy robust mandates to define and pursue goals and build teams in their areas of responsibility.
All academic personnel report to the Provost. The Provost also oversees admissions, student affairs, information technology, and the library.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Meaningful experience designing and leading innovative academic programs.
- Successful leadership experience in dynamic, fast-moving environments.
- Outstanding entrepreneurial instincts, insight and ability.
- Meaningful international experience.
- Effective relationship building and cross-cultural communication skills.
- A demonstrable appreciation of the power and potential of educational technology and blended learning.
- Commitment to undergraduate education and familiarity with the American approach to liberal arts education.
- Ph.D. in a field relevant to Fulbright University Vietnam’s academic priorities.
How to Apply
FUV will be supported in this appointment process by the executive search firm Perrett Laver. Applications for the role of Provost should include the following:
- a covering letter
- an up-to-date CV
To apply, or to download further information about the role, please visit https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies/ quoting reference number 4823.
Initial enquiries and requests for information may be directed in confidence to Dr. Jesse Sloane by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +852 3619 8214. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes.
Protecting your personal data is of the utmost importance to Perrett Laver and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our trading divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerised database and transferred to our clients for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in.
As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Perrett Laver is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is ‘Legitimate Interests’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website http://www.perrettlaver.com/information/privacy