Coordinator, Online Program Implementation
Coordinator, Online Program Implementation
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Project Manager for Online Program Implementation (“Project Manager”), the Coordinator for Online Program Implementation (“Coordinator”) is a newly created role to assist in the operations and implementations of Simmons University's new courses and degrees for online undergraduate and new online graduate for new program success.
The major focus of this role will be to support internal and external partners (faculty, administration, staff, project managers) in timely completion of workstream goals through operational, administrative and program support. This role will prioritize communication strategy for all stake holders to be informed for project milestones; will support operational continuity of programs pre and post launch, and will have play a key role in program data management for enrollment needs and updates. In addition, the Coordinator assists in implementing solutions that meet programmatic and operational needs (e.g., updating tools, training, and checklist for key stakeholders in the core team); supports day to day operations; and assists with other duties as assigned.
- Develop project planning documents and materials as needed;
- Support 2U initiatives with high attention to detail in coordinating project milestones through completion for smooth operation and logistic support;
- Work with Project Manager to ensure the College Dean's goals and academic initiatives have updates on resources available/unavailable for support with attention to timely support and information;
- Identify and communicate project risks and issues as they arise and elevate needs to appropriate internal and external constituents, serving as a key member of these problem-solving initiatives.
- Support the Program Manager in making sure necessary information is communicated to drive trust and value for external partner, 2U;
- Provide and share internal action items from weekly status call update with 2U and Simmons to maintain progress/accountability in all work streams;
- Provide meeting and presentation preparation as needed;
- Communicate with the Office of the Registrar for updated program lists and provide status updates on course changes and other relative program and course development:
- Serve as an engaged team member for communication to support faculty and staff by cultivating communications that are timely and effective.
Operation and Administrative Support
- Attend all relevant meetings, participate in committee work, maintain records, record meeting minutes and manage database systems as required;
- Organize key meeting attendance and updates for those not on the call as needed;
- Maintain and process all invoices/bookings/item requests and processing for online budget while staying with in Workday parameters through monthly reconciling of budget and timely and accurate budget reporting as needed;
- Work on discrete projects, providing project coordination, documentation, and support and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and familiarity with online virtual platforms (Google Meet, Zoom, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Two plus years of professional experience, administrative or coordinator experience preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects;
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations within an organization;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility; discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Prior experience in higher education a plus.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Coordinator--Online-Program-Implementation_R07154-2
Located in Boston’s historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.