Annual Giving Coordinator
Annual Giving Coordinator
Job ID: 221115
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Director of Annual Giving, coordinate and execute various fundraising appeals to increase philanthropic support to Georgia Southern University from alumni, faculty, staff, parents, students, and/or friends.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Coordinate and execute fundraising appeals for assigned affinity groups, units, and/or funds
- Secure leadership annual challenge and matching gifts
- Lead and/or support major fundraising initiatives of the Annual Giving Department through various tasks, including, but not limited to: recruiting and managing volunteers; planning and executing special events; developing and executing Direct Mail, Email, Crowdfunding and other digital fundraising appeals
- Ensure the Foundation's brand and overall marketing and communications strategy is used consistently and effectively through all assigned fundraising appeals
- Assist other University Advancement staff in the planning and execution of events, as needed
- Bachelor's degree
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Two (2) or more years of work -related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Comfort with public speaking
- Experience working in higher education or nonprofit organizations
$40,200 - $48,544
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
October 31, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evening and weekends
- Travel may be required
Standard and Education
3900542100 Office of Annual Giving
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221115&PostingSeq=1