Job ID: 220836
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provide leadership to a small group of custodians. Perform custodial services for University facilities following established procedures and guidelines in maintenance of buildings, classrooms, offices, lavatories and restrooms. Manage cleaning of assigned areas, furnishings, and equipment using manual tools and electrically-powered machines.
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
6:00 PM - 2:00 AM, Sunday - Thursday
5:00 PM - 4:00 AM, Saturday - Tuesday
11:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Monday - Friday
8:00 PM - 5:00 AM, Monday - Friday
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Supervise, lead, train and work with custodial personal to maintain a sanitary, safe and attractive environment
- Supervise 10 or more custodial workers
- Oversee cleaning and inspect outcomes in assigned buildings
- Participate in interviews, new hire orientations and training of employees
- Prepare annual performance appraisals on direct reports
- Inspect custodial work areas daily to ensure that area are clean and suitable for safe operations
- Identify necessary repairs
- Inspect and sign off on all work/project requests
- Respond to safety and/or operational concerns (i.e., bodily fluid clean up, lice, MRSA, Scabies, Staph, water leaks, fires, security alarms)
- Ensure radios, keys and vehicles are secured at end of shifts
- Document and/or convey information relating to personnel matters and facility needs
- Coordinate and lead daily team meetings to identify needs for day
- Prepare a daily/nightly shift report to convey supply and material needs, work order requests, project work and all information relevant to daily operations
- Assume supervisor duties as directed in absence of Supervisor
- Provide continuity of custodial services during personnel absences and under emergency conditions by performing custodial duties to cover areas
- Remove all recyclable materials from assigned areas
- Distribute and deliver cleaning supplies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related work experience
- Supervisory experience
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google, e-mail
- Ability to operate hand-held, precision, and power tools, such as brooms, mops, screwdrivers, floor buffers, leaf blowers
- Understanding of work orders, cleaning chemical labels
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Effective communication (verbal and written); organizational (including problem solving and leadership); and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Effective math skills for chemical quantity and other calculations
Apply Before Date
November 03, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bend and stoop throughout day
- Climb stairs/ladders throughout day
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work performed in indoor and outdoor environments working in varying conditions
- Ability to operate University vehicles
9950201 - Custodial Operations
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220836&PostingSeq=1