Student Services Coordinator - SGA
Student Services Coordinator - SGA
Job ID: 220988
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manage the operation and organization of the Student Government Association (SGA). Coordination and advising is provided to all members on the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses.
- Serve as the primary advisor to SGA
- Manage and assist in coordination of all financial, budgetary matters involving expenses and revenue for SGA
- Coordinate activities, programs, and services within Student Affairs, Office of Inclusive Excellence, the Office of the President, and other campus partners for the benefit of SGA
- Assist with issues that arise regarding qualifications to serve including, but not limited to grades, conduct, ethics, and duties
- Interpret, monitor, and analyze information regarding operating policies and procedures
- Coordinate with administrative support staff the administrative processes of officer stipends, student/student organization refunds, and vendor payments
- Develop new fiscal year budget in coordination and coordinates budget presentation for the Student Activity Budget Committee or other funding sources
- Manage and solve problems as they arise, using discretion on different levels of decision-making, knowing when to involve others appropriately
- Primary representative of SGA during summer SOAR sessions
- Assist in Spring/Summer program planning of student development/growth workshops during the Fall/Spring as part of Divisional efforts
- Assist in special projects from Student Affairs during the summer
- Create and coordinate training of student leaders on a recurring and ongoing basis
- Assist in collaboration efforts with Student Affairs and the Higher Ed. Program to plan Student Affairs Careers Month (October), Graduate Assistant Interview Day, and other joint initiatives that promote an awareness to undergraduate students of career options in Student Affairs
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Travel between campuses as needed
- Organize and assist in facilitating events that help SGA members learn their roles, grow in their learning, offer presence to prospective students and their families, and recognize their service
- Serve as primary professional point of contact for SGA needs/issues/problems/requests
- Coordinate and assist in organizational processes for SGA including, but not limited to elections, annual organizational renewal, Wings points progress/accrual
- Review the SGA Constitution and Bylaws on a recurring basis and provide advice/guidance to student leaders/officers in revisions
- Interact with student organizations, campus departments, faculty/staff, external clients outside of the university
- Develop standards of customer service and outreach for student leaders/officers
- Utilize 25Live space reservation system for all SGA event/space use confirmations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Experience within Higher Education and working with college students and student organizations
- Experience working in an environment that interacts with multiple, diverse, and varied constituencies
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office and Google platforms software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to cohesively bring groups together
- Understanding of student governance structure
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective organization, problem solving, and human relations skills
- Optimistic and solutions minded leader
- Outside of the box thinker
- Consensus builder
Apply Before Date
October 27, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Travel between campuses is required
- Work in direct contact with a diverse and dynamic student population
- Workweek may extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
Standard and Education
3903300101 - Student Government
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220988&PostingSeq=1