Job ID: 221212
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provide administrative support and exceptional customer service to the patients of Health Services; and assist all patients and visitors.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Provides medical receptionist functions for all patients and visitors, including all walk-in and appointment patients and all incoming phone calls. Medical receptionist functions include understanding and use of a "state-of-the-art" Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to check-in all walk-in and appointment patients and to receive, answer/refer, and document all phone calls including patient phone call information; understanding and application of AAAHC and HIPPA patient privacy and confidentiality guidelines; and an understanding and use of medical and health insurance terminology and ICD-9 and CPT codes. Uses EMR appointment scheduling program to make patient appointments as needed.
- Provides immunization compliance functions for all incoming students in meeting the State of Georgia Department of Public Health and University System of Georgia proof of immunization entrance requirements. This requires knowledge and use of Health Services EMR immunization compliance manager program, the State of Georgia electronic immunization compliance registry system, and the Georgia Southern University BANNER student information system. Scans hard copy immunization compliance documents into the EMR following established protocols. Assist with Student Orientation, Advisement & Registration (SOAR) program to clear immunization compliance holds allowing student registration
- Provides authorized individuals with timely access to patient information, including collection and access to patient health insurance information, without compromising the security of patient records or the privacy or confidentiality of personal health information; ensures that the amount of information contained in patient records is manageable and relevant; scans hard copy documents into the MR following established protocols; adheres to established timelines to ensure availability of patient information; ensures completeness of record before forwarding to clinical staff for patient services; and oversees the archiving of patient records in accordance with State of Georgia patient records retention guidelines.
- Manage all Health Services cashier operations including handling of cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Eagle-Express transactions in compliance with University cash management guidelines; maintain and operate various office equipment and machines including, but not limited to copiers, facsimile machines, computers, printers, risograph machines, and shredders. Supervise and train undergraduate student assistants.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of related work experience
$30,900 - $37,800
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google and e-mail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure information sensitive in nature
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written); organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
October 27, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Up-to-date immunizations, and TB and drug screenings prior to employment
- Subject to drug screening upon hire and random drug screening throughout employment
- Clinical staff will be subject to a continuous query of the National Practitioner Data Bank. Any findings from such query will be addressed appropriately, up to and including termination
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
2500101 - General Health Services
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221212&PostingSeq=1