Job ID: 221181
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Perform administrative functions within the Parker Office of Graduate Programs involving admissions, academic standing, and corporate/alumni relations.
- Perform admissions related tasks such as recruiting, transcript evaluation, admitting, and recordkeeping
- Perform academic standing related tasks such as advising, assessment, academic intervention, and reporting
- Perform corporate/alumni relations related tasks such as program rankings survey reporting, networking with area business and civic leaders, alumni event planning, and placement
- Perform other professional duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business
$36,500 - $39,000
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), database (e.g., CRM applications), Google, and e-mail
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written (grammar error free) skills, organizational and human relations skills);
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
October 31, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Position is housed on the Armstrong campus (Armstrong Center)
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Occasional travel may be required (to other campuses and to participate in our online program events in other cities)
Standard and Education
3900130115 COB Office of Grad Programs
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221181&PostingSeq=1