Instructional Technology Analyst, Distance Education
Instructional Technology Analyst, Distance Education
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 11/5/2020
Mission College is now accepting applications for a full-time Instructional Technology Analyst in the Office of instruction. The person in this position will plan, organize and design college online courseware; collaborate with faculty to produce content compatible with the college's course management system; assist in designing online courses; aid faculty to meet ADA compliance for online content; and will participate in the support of the district online course management system and other instructional technology systems.
Mission College serves a region of the San Francisco Bay Area that includes urban neighborhoods, business centers and residential communities. Nestled in the heart of the Silicon Valley, Mission College enjoys an entrepreneurial and innovative energy supplied by its closest technology and business neighbors. Mission College has been identified by the federal government as being both an AANAPISI and a Hispanic-serving institution. Currently Federal HSI and AANAPISI grants support our efforts to bridge achievement gaps for these groups.
The successful candidate will be an equity-minded professional committed to closing achievement gaps and further committed to collaboration with faculty, classified professional staff, administration, students, and members of the greater community towards student success.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of December 14, 2020. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $7,520-$8,228 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 74, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in instructional technology, instructional design, media communications, computer science or a related field.
3. Two years of responsible professional instructional technology experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist college faculty in designing and developing online courses, hybrid courses and related online content; maintain and update Online Courses (distance learning) website, maintain list of current and upcoming online course offerings, post and update help guides for student and faculty resources.
- Diagnose and correct problems and/or support issues related to the district’s online course management system and other instructional technology systems.
- May plan, organize, implement and evaluate the college’s assessment outcomes data collection, analysis and activities when assigned.
- Train campus instructors in the utilization of the district’s online course management system.
- Assist faculty with integration technology into the curriculum; serve as a resource to faculty and staff in the development of technology enhanced instruction and related media.
- Assist in planning and evaluating instructional technology design needs for new and existing courses including technology enhanced hybrid courses and online courses.
- Prepare and deliver orientations, workshops and short-courses to faculty in the development of online course content, online pedagogy and other instructional technologies as well as integrating new innovative technologies into traditional classroom courses.
- Participate in establishing and achieving goals in accordance with ongoing distance learning strategic plans; serve on committees and teams as requested.
- Track and compile data; distribute distance learning program information and related materials.
- Perform desktop publishing functions for the schedule of classes, college catalog and other similar tabloid type publications as needed; prepare or assist in preparing reports.
- Assure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and restrictions related to instructional technology and distance learning.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.