Ken Silvestri at 406-994-7835 or firstname.lastname@example.orgClassification Title Communications Professional Working Title Instructional Designer Brief Position Overview
Montana State University (MSU) aspires to have seamless integration of technology for the delivery of exceptional quality instruction in all classes. The incumbent of this position will be an integral part of a team that assists faculty in instructional design for online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes and the promotion of a culture of accessibility and development of accessible course materialsPosition Number 4C0572 Department Provost (Academic Affairs) Division Office of Academic Affairs Appointment Type Professional Contract Term Fiscal Year Semester If other, specify From date If other, specify End date FLSA Exempt Union Affiliation Exempt from Collective Bargaining FTE 1.0 Benefits Eligible Eligible Salary Starting at $51,000 annually, commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications. Contract Type LOA If other, please specify Recruitment Type Open General Statement
This position will serve as a resource person for instructional design at MSU.Duties and Responsibilities
The individual will be skilled in college best practice teaching pedagogy and have expertise in the area of instructional technology. The person in this position will report to the Director of the Center for Faculty Excellence and also work closely with the University Information Technology (UIT) and Academic Technology and Outreach (ATO) teams, with staff in the Learning Management System (currently BrightSpace by D2L) group, and collaborate with the campus e-Learning Support Team.
- Work with faculty in groups or one-on-one to provide information and guidance regarding best practices for course design of online and hybrid classroom instruction. This individual will serve as a resource person for instructional design at MSU.
- Develop and deliver training in a variety of formats (i.e. workshops, courses, faculty learning communities) by using online and blended or hybrid delivery methods for instructional technology tools supported by MSU UIT.
- Develop and support training required for faculty to teach fully online and hybrid courses.
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of training to students, faculty and staff in areas including, but not limited to the Learning Management System (LMS), video/audio capture, plagiarism software, classroom teaching and collaborative tools, and ADA compliance tools supported by MSU’s University Information Technology (UIT).
- Keep current with use and best practices related to existing and emerging instructional technology tools.
- Implement, pilot, and assess the effectiveness of new instructional technologies, with special attention to accessibility.
- Help faculty resolve basic technical problems with the MSU supported instructional tools; investigate and seek solutions to complex issues.
- Assess and report the effectiveness of instructional design initiative efforts including presenting the outcomes at professional conferences and scholarly venues.
- Graduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience with best practices and emerging trends in teaching and learning in higher education, with emphasis on accessibility and inclusive teaching.
- Relevant experience in instructional technology and design.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to provide training experiences to employees in the workplace.
- Graduate degree in Instructional Design or Educational Technology or Education with emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction.
- Experience with best practices in online learning and its application to university instruction.
- Professional skills in research, writing, and/or presenting about instructional technology.
- Be knowledgeable of research based best practices of college teaching to increase student success in online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment to develop and implement strategies necessary for successful and effective training and support including successful group facilitation skills in an adult learning environment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate, interpret, and explain detailed information with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making, exercise self-motivation, and work successfully with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability organizing and prioritizing work assignments, meeting deadlines, and adapting to changing policies while maintaining a positive, effective, and professional approach.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain productive and positive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and a variety of other constituencies including faculty, staff, students, and the public.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Individual needs to be able to be in a stationary position for extended periods; endure prolonged exposure to computer monitors; and manage traversing between campus buildings.This position has supervisory duties? No Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date Upon completion of a successful search. Position End Date (if temporary) Open Date Close Date Applications will be:
Screening of applications will begin on October 23, 2020; however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.Special Instructions
Please submit a sample of work (video tutorial; how-to document; training plan or workshop plan; PowerPoint of Workshop).Diversity Statement
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is
committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an
inclusive and culturally diverse campus
environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life
integration and strives to be responsive to the needs
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and
learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the
University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or
conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its
employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual’s
race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the
uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran’s
status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status,
pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information,
gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In
support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse,
applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons
with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; email@example.com .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: http://www.montana.edu/hr/disability_accommodation/complaints_grievances.html .
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bozeman
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bozeman
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bozeman
- Distance Education Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bozeman
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bozeman