Assistant Vice Chancellor, Business, Operations and Division Resources - Student Affairs & Inclusive
Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) includes Housing
and Residential Education, Disability Services Program, Learning
Effectiveness Program, Student Rights & Responsibilities,
Student Outreach & Support, Student Engagement and Fraternity
& Sorority Life, Health and Counseling, Access and Transitions,
The Cultural Center, Student Rights and Responsibilities, New
Student and Family Programs, and Veteran Services.
We are committed to providing students with the support and skills needed to become empowered citizens that positively impact the communities they are a part of, now, and in the future. We do so by challenging student to:
- Reflect on their values and identities;
- Recognize their strengths and acknowledge areas for further growth;
- Understand the importance of needing support and seeking it;
- Cultivate their passions; and
- Foster the public good.
Reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs, the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Business, Operations and Division Resources is responsible for all financial activities in Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence, including financial modeling, budget development, and financial controls. In addition, the assistant vice chancellor has broad oversight of division operations and resources, including assuring SAIE compliance with University policies and procedures, and liaising with Human Resources, Facilities, DU Information Technology, Food Service, and other DU offices and departments. This position has an independent (dotted) reporting lines to the Vice Provost for University Budget, Planning, and Administration and Senior Vice Chancellor for Financial and Business Affairs on matters related to budget development, planning, and management.
- The Assistant Vice Chancellor for Business, Operations and Division Resources in Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence is responsible for assisting the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence by leading divisional initiatives that enhance the undergraduate and graduate student experience.
- Serves as a key member of the Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence leadership team.
- Supervises, coordinates, and implements all financial operations (e.g., revenues and receivables, purchasing, accounts payable, and internal fiscal reporting) to ensure timely and accurate completion and compliance with applicable accounting principles, University and federal policies, and donor restrictions.
- Directs the annual budget and planning process for the Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence division, including modeling, developing, forecasting, reporting, and monitoring all financial activity. This includes residential housing and Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL) housing operations, contract negotiations and lease agreements with appropriate University offices.
- Co-develop, model, and manage a sophisticated strategy that projects multi-year housing revenues and expenditures.
- Manages performance of unit-level employees performing business operations functions.
- Serve as the divisional liaison and representative for Human Resource needs, questions and functions related to recruitment, hiring, payroll, merit review, and the disciplinary process, etc.
- Oversee compliance with University policies in partnership with the SAIE leadership team.
- Lead SAIE policy review and compliance initiatives for employees and students, including updating and disseminating the SAIE Handbook.
- Partner with the VC of SAIE and Institutional Research to oversee SAIE assessment and planning initiatives and develop associated schedules and timelines.
- Develop comprehensive internal control systems and provide training to Division employees.
- Establish a protocol and ongoing schedule for departmental program review.
- Serve as a Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence representative and liaison to the following offices: central Budget and Planning, Shared Services, Controller, Human Resources, Student Financial Services, Food Service, Advancement, Facilities, Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit, Financial Aid, ID Card Office, DUIT, Bursars Office, Registrar's Office and others as assigned.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the department on an annual basis.
- Review all contracts and route them for approval in workflow that encumber the University.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion through involvement and participation in university/division-wide projects and initiative.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the values of Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence and passion for enhancing the student experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership, management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems quantitatively and qualitatively individually and in collaboration and to make sound decisions based on available information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong compliance and internal control orientation.
- Capacity to address complex issues with creative solutions.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and managing processes that bring about the successful completion of specific deliverables.
- Excellent computer skills, including facility with Excel, including ability to create visualizations and pivot tables.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in business or administration management to include experience in financial management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, accounting, higher education or related field.
- Experience with budget operations in a higher education setting.
- Proficiency with Banner software.
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Prior experience at a college or university setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, October 26, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denver
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denver
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denver
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denver
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Denver