Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry/Biochemistry
The successful candidate will contribute to teaching and research in the areas of organic and biochemistry as well as development of new courses and programs within their expertise. The candidate is expected to develop and execute a research program appropriate for undergraduate student researchers. Service includes participation in outreach and retention initiatives. Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
Education, Experience, Training and/or Certifications
- Candidates must hold a minimum of Ph.D. in Chemistry as of August 20, 2021.
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience in performing research in the fields of organic and/or biochemistry
- Candidates must have a research plan suitable for execution with undergraduate students
- Candidates must have experience working effectively with culturally diverse populations.
- Candidates must have some experience teaching or mentoring undergraduate student.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Teach Organic and Biochemistry courses
- Expected to design, implement and assess a curriculum in organic chemistry including both lecture and lab appropriate for introductory and advanced levels
- Expected to teach courses in biochemistry, clinical chemistry, and/or natural products chemistry
- Expected to design or utilize high impact teaching practices in the classroom and generate assessments for their efficacy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Develop and Implement Research Program
1. Expected to design and implement a research program in the candidate’s field of expertise and interest
2. Expected to involve undergraduate students in research
Service to Department, College and University
- Participate in regular department, college and university meetings.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Candidate must have a demonstrated broad knowledge of organic chemistry and experience in assessing student learning.
- Candidate must be able to use learning management systems, computers, printers, data projectors and instrumentation associated with instructional classrooms and labs.
- Candidate must be able to work safely with a variety of laboratory chemicals, cleaning supplies and hazardous waste.
- Candidate is not responsible for money, university funds or accounts which hold financial information.
- Ergonomic Requirements:
Extensive work at computer, laboratory workbench; sitting and standing for long periods of time; lifting and manual dexterity as needed for teaching and research; handling instructional models.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Kenosha