Accounting Assistant or Associate Professor
Woodbury University invites applications for a full-time Assistant, or Associate Professor for the Department of Accounting. Faculty rank and salary are commensurate with teaching experience, professional background, and the degrees held. Contract renewal and rank advancement at Woodbury are contingent upon satisfying departmental and university criteria, which include effective teaching, meaningful engagement through creative work, scholarship, and service to the University. Woodbury University is a non-tenure granting institution.
This position qualifies University sponsored employee benefit plans and programs (e.g., group health insurance, life insurance, tax deferred annuity plan, sick, and paid holidays), subject to the eligibility requirements and conditions of each plan and program.
School of Business
Operating from a new state-of-the-art building, the School enrolls 400 plus students in two degree programs. The BBA degree has a clear Management focus, but students can also major in Accounting, Marketing, or Fashion Marketing. The MBA degree is available in evening or weekend classes that accommodate the working student. All programs and courses offer a balance of theory and practice.
Information on the program can be found at the links below:
- Reports to department dean
- Develops and designs curriculum plan to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensures student engagement
- Provides tutoring and academic counseling to students
- Maintains classes related records
- Assesses student coursework
- Collaborates and supports colleagues regarding research interests and co-curricular activities
- Provides intellectual leadership and has made significant contributions to the field.
- Applicant must demonstrate that they meet AACSB’s Scholarly Academic (SA) standards in accounting
- Ph.D. from an accredited institution or possess an equivalent degree recognized by AACSB
- Applicants must demonstrate
- Maintain SA status
- Publish peer-reviewed journals
- Be effective teachers in a learning and student-centered environment
- Participate in significant university service within and beyond the School of Business
- Show proven track record of scholarly publications
- Significant professional experience in the field of accounting is preferred
- ABD (All But Dissertation) will also be considered
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course's standard course outline as a guide.
- Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program level learning assessment. Participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to department chairs and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and records by established deadlines.
- Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as office hours and meetings at the designated times. A faculty member should inform the chair/dean if he or she is unable to meet a class on time.
- Keep a flexible weekly schedule that best facilitates student learning and access. Any changes in the scheduled class times or locations should have prior approval by the faculty's chair.
- Participate in faculty evaluation process.
- Remain current in academic or program discipline, including attending professional conferences, and maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate.
- Receive training or stay current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning.
- Participate in college professional development activities.
Service to the University
- Help students achieve their educational goals through formal and/or informal advising.
- Post and keep on campus hours to facilitate interaction with students, other faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
- Serve on standing and ad hoc committees, advisory boards, hiring committees, faculty senate, or as a student organization advisor.
- Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings where required or necessary for the discipline.
- Mentor and/or assist in orienting new faculty either formally or informally.
- Attend commencement or other ceremonies appropriate to the faculty member's discipline or program.
- Attend departmental, divisional, and university-wide meetings.
- Perform other academically related duties as assigned by the department chair/dean.
- Participate in Woodbury University Faculty Association (WUFA) meetings and forums.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. Submissions should include:
- Current CV which lists the candidate’s educational and employment history and peer reviewed journal articles
- Contact information for at least three references
- A letter of interest that demonstrates SA status and addresses other qualifications
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status.