The Center for Precision Environmental Health (CPEH) is seeking a Research Associate to join the Program in Environmental and Population Health Disparities directed by Dr. Elaine Symanski. The CPEH is home to the Gulf Coast Center for Precision Environmental Health (GC-CPEH), an NIEHS P30 Environmental Health Sciences Core Center, and a newly funded Center of Excellence in Environmental Health Disparities, The Maternal and Infant Environmental Health Riskscape (MIEHR) Research Center, funded by NIMHD, NIEHS and NICHD.
Under the supervision of the PI, works independently in environmental epidemiology research, including field activities (e.g., data abstraction from electronic medical records of consented study participants and following chain of custody protocols in transporting biological samples), construction of neighborhood-level metrics of social determinants of health and environmental health indicators, conducting statistical analyses and drafting reports and manuscripts.
- Compiles EMR and questionnaire data.
- Generates maps of spatially-resolved data using geographic information systems (GIS) software.
- Performs geocoding and linkages to U.S. Census, U.S. EPA Environmental Justice(EJ) Screen and other environmental health data sources using GIS software.
- Constructs neighborhood-level metrics of social determinants of health using principal components analyses and other statistical techniques.
- Conducts statistical analyses of epidemiologic data (e.g., mixed-effects logistic regression analyses).
- Leads literature reviews and prepares written summaries of relevant literature.
- Drafts and edits manuscripts.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Environmental Health Sciences or a related field.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. SAS) and ARC GIS.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston