Research Administration Specialist
The Center for Precision Environmental Health (CPEH) is seeking a Research Administration Specialist to assist with the administrative functions of grant proposals and the life cycle of grants. This position is the main point of contact for pre- and post-award activities and programs including, but not limited to, successful submission of research grants, progress reports, and close out. Working at the intersection of genetics, environmental health, and data science, researchers in CPEH seek to understand these differing effects, evaluating gene-environment interactions.
Contribute to the implementation of pre-award and/or post award activities and programs including, but not limited to, successful submission of research grants, progress reports, and close out.
- Review announcements for special conditions/restrictions to ensure full compliance with sponsor guidelines and assist faculty with pre-award grant/contract proposals in BRAIN, ASSIST, proposalCENTRAL, etc.
- Prepares/manages/updates all HR actions related to research personnel.
- Pre-review Effort Reporting in ERS and updates all effort changes in SAP system.
- Prepare, or review and approve, budget/budget justification and administrative sections of grant applications.
- Prepare financial reports and projections using SAP and Excel.
- Performs all post-award activities as necessary (including account set up, financial reporting, grant close out).
- In collaboration with the Sponsored Programs Office, draft sub-contracts, LOI, and other communications for signature.
- Prepare and maintain other support documents for faculty as needed.
- Ensures faculty and grants are research compliant under IACUC, COI, RCR, etc. regulations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Four years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree. No experience required with Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience Preferred: Grants and Contracts.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston