The postdoctoral associate will contribute towards the development of a vaccine against COVID-19, as well as other neglected and emerging infectious diseases. The main responsibilities will include analytical development and quality control of vaccine antigens, as well as supporting vaccine formulation and in vitro testing. The postdoctoral associate will carry out the biophysical and biochemical characterization of recombinant proteins (made in yeast, bacteria, insect cells, and mammalian cell culture).
- Execute experiments, analyze data, troubleshoot, and effectively communicate experimental findings
- Protein analysis and protein chemistry
- Develop protein analytical methods such as ELISA, SDS-PAGE, HPLC
- Utilize equipment and procedures related to protein characterization
- Utilize knowledge of GxP requirements of the biotechnology industry and regulatory standards
- Apply expertise to identify and evaluate new technologies applicable to product characterization
- Work within a team environment to design and execute analytical evaluations, interpret data, and work with other team members to integrate results into the overall product development plan
- MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Must have strong experimental design skills and a desire to spend time working in the laboratory.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work as part of a project team.
- Experience authoring development reports and methods.
- Successful leadership skills with demonstrated the ability to lead portions of projects. A diligent and self-motivated approach to working in and running a bioprocess development laboratory.
- R&D experience
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston