Administrative Asst II
Posting Number 2021040 Posting/Functional Title Administrative Assistant II University Pay Plan Title Administrative Asst II Location San Marcos Department Office of the University Registrar Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Full-Time Monthly Salary $2,042 - $2,250 Job Category Non-Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Experience working in a University setting.
• Experience using Microsoft Windows and Office software, specifically Outlook and Excel.
• Experience in customer service troubleshooting needs.
• Experience in answering multi-line phone using professional phone etiquette.
• Ability to prepare concise and grammatically correct correspondence.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and work independently.
• Applicant must attach a table addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications of the job.
• Basic understanding of University Policies and Procedures.
• Punctual and excellent attendance.
• Basic understanding of TXST administrative software.
• Willing to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Use initiative and independent judgment to relieve one or more supervisors of administrative matters and decisions pertaining to our team projects. Assist supervisors in establishing and attaining our team goals and objectives.
• Assist faculty, staff, students and public with all University Registrar related aspects, in person at the service counter, by telephone and/or email.
• Interpret, apply and explain all components of the student registration process.
• Process student record information.
• Monitor due dates/times of all daily tasks, assignments and projects and initiate action.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with other offices on campus, such as the Office of Admissions, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships, Student Business Services, and Academic Departments.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of internal procedure manuals.
• Assist supervisor with other duties as assigned.
Additional Information to Applicants
You will be required to electronically attach:
2. Cover Letter
3. Table addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications of the job. The table should be attached as the “Required Chart” in the posting documents section of the application.
Job Open Date 10/09/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) 10/16/2020 Open Until Filled No Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and chart to your application. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33841 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Required Chart
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos