Teaching Professor/Clinical Education Coordinator – Athletic Training 998875
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal art and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission . We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University invites applications for a teaching professor (non-tenure track) / clinical education coordinator position in athletic training beginning in Summer 2021. This is a 12-month contract position. The athletic training program is located in the Department of Sport Studies , in the College of Professional Sciences. The Department of Sport Studies offers Bachelor of Science degrees in exercise science, sport management and sport marketing, Master of Education degrees in sport administration, and coaching education and athlete development, as well as a Master of Science degree in athletic training .
Xavier is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives, and is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry. The Department welcomes a broad spectrum of candidates, and particularly invites applications from diverse groups (e.g. gender, ethnicity/race, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession).
Candidates will hold a masters degree in athletic training, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience. They will be a Certified Athletic Trainer, with the ability to be licensed as an athletic trainer in the State of Ohio. Successful candidates will have a record of instruction in a variety of athletic training courses.
- PhD or EdD in Exercise Science or closely related field with expertise in athletic training
- Evidence of novel approaches to athletic training courses, curriculum, and clinical education
- Ability to help promote the MSAT program using contemporary approaches
- Familiarity or involvement with CAATE accreditation
- Active membership in athletic training related professional organizations
- Evidence of professional and leadership activities
- Additional credentials and a record of scholarly activity is advantageous
- Serving as the Athletic Training Clinical Education Coordinator
- Teaching graduate courses in the athletic training curriculum
- Participating in departmental, college and university service activities
- Advising students regarding career options and course planning
- Assisting the AT Program Director in the day-to-day operations
For preferred consideration for this position, applications should be received no later than November 13, 2020 . Submit letter of application, CV, and name, address and phone number of three references on Xavier University’s website. Position will remain open until filled. Questions may be directed to Dr. Tina Davlin-Pater, the search committee chair, at email@example.com .
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati