Position Type Academic Support Professional Classification Title ASP Position's Functional Title Academic Advisor Position Start Date 11/03/2020 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The undergraduate academic advisor will advise prospective, new, and continuing students on requirements for the undergraduate academic programs at GSU and initiate and participate in enrollment management activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
80% Provide primary advising from pre-admission to graduation for undergraduate transfer students with several academic programs. Communicate with students in person (on-campus and off-campus), by phone, e-mail or other electronic communication methods to answer questions and requests for information with accurate and clear answers. Assist with retention activities for undergraduate students in support of the University and College enrollment management goals.
10% Process applications and licensure requirement for Nursing and Community Health.
10% Facilitate Pre-medical or other professional program advising.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to accurately and efficiently use a variety of Microsoft office (word processing, spreadsheet and/or database, PowerPoint) to create/produce letters, reports, flyers and other documents; ability to learn and successfully use new software programs and ERP systems to fulfill job requirements.
• Demonstrated experience advising or provide career advice for college students,
• Demonstrated experience working with faculty, college staff, and community college advisors.
• Experience working successfully with diverse populations; able to demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to and appreciation for academic, ethnic, socio-economic, disability, age and gender diversity of students and staff attending or working at GSU .
• Ability to multi-task, handle projects and prioritize based on program goals and objectives.
• Ability to work with independently, where the responsibilities and the University calendar and programs drive priorities and deadlines. Actively work with supervisor to coordinate workflow.
•Master’s degree preferred
•Experience working with traditional and non-traditional students preferred
•Experience with transfer students
•Bilingual or Proficiency in American Sign •Language preferred
•Knowledge of Colleague preferred
Posting Date 10/09/2020 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number FA0382P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/5544 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Curriculum Vitae
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest