Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Cashier III Position's Functional Title Cashier III Position Start Date 11/03/2020 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire a Cashier III for the Financial Services and Comptroller department.
Employees in positions at this level are cashiers who perform responsible functions in a cashiering operation (such as those that involve the use of independent judgment within existing guidelines, responsibility for designated operational areas, coordination/review of various activities, and/or large amounts of cash or monetary substitutes). They work under direction from higher-level cashiers or other designated supervisors.
90% Process student payments via in person, mail, web, and phone:
• Reviews and verifies the daily balancing of cashiering transactions, identifying and correcting errors and accounting for disposition of cash and non-cash items received in cashiering operations.
• Receives payment for fees, bills, and assessments issued by the institution.
• Count and balance drawer daily.
• Reconcile and balance journal daily for deposit.
• Process and balance transmittals.
• Prepare and balance daily bank deposits for GARDA pickup.
• Process childcare payments.
• Disburse checks, travel documents, payroll and gift cards.
• Print out student statements and registration schedules at the window.
• Answer a wide range of staff and student questions.
• Contact students with unpaid balances in current semesters.
• Contact and keep a record of students on the payment plan.
• Remove business office holds.
• Log and verify blank checks removed from the Cashier’s office.
• Log and verify cash boxes for events.
• Count and process money from the library machines, One Card Kiosk, and other locations (as applicable).
• Process third party and private scholarship checks.
• Answer phones.
• Roll coins as needed.
• Sort and file necessary documents.
• Maintains cashier operations in the absence of the supervisor.
10% Other Financial Services functions, such as, but not limited to the following:
• Review, process, interpret and maintain proper documentation for additions, changes, or deletions to the pay file database.
• Provide assistance to other areas within the Financial Services department as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $26,167.34 to $30,092.44.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING ILLINOIS RESIDENCY – CURRENT ILLINOIS DRIVER’S LICENSE OR IDENTIFICATION CARD .
1. Must be an Illinois resident.
2. 12 months of experience comparable to the next lower level of this series of Cashier II.
3. Any one or any combination, of the following types of additional preparation:
A. work experience comparable to the next lower level of this series of Cashier II.
B. credit for college course work in fields related to cashier work (such as accounting, finance, data processing, or management).
C. credit for high school training in accounting.
Visit www.sucss.illinois.gov for more details.
• Cashiering, banking or bursar operations experience.
• Good communication skills.
Posting Date 10/09/2020 Closing Date 10/19/2020 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0469P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/5555 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Illinois Driver’s License or Identification Card MUST BE ATTACHED .
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
You must be a current Illinois resident.
EXAMINATION DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a paper exam. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS ) website for additional details at www.sucss.illinois.gov.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Notes: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- List of References
- Current Illinois Driver's License or Identification Card
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest