Assistant/Associate Professor of Health Administration, Tenure Track
Position Type Faculty, Tenure Track Classification Title Assistant/Associate Professor Position's Functional Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Health Administration, Tenure Track Position Start Date 08/16/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The College of Health and Human Services at Governors State University ( GSU ) announces a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor of Health Administration in the Department of Health Administration beginning the fall semester of 2021. The Department has grown significantly to offer four academic programs: 1) CAHME -accredited Master Degree of Health Administration ( MHA ), 2) Master of Science Degree in Health Informatics ( MSHI ), 3) AUPHA -certified Bachelor Degree of Health Administration ( BHA ), and 4) Bachelor Degree in Health Informatics ( BSHI ). The successful candidate will join a dynamic and diverse faculty.
We seek candidates from an academic institution with outstanding teaching skills, interest in advising non-traditional and diverse student populations, evidence of a potential or distinguished record of scholarship consistent with tenure-track expectations, and professional service via projects, committees or other faculty roles.
Duties: Collaborate with the department chair and directors of other programs to supervise MHA program, maintaining its strength, quality, and accreditation. Serve as a member of the faculty team to maintain teaching load commensurate with the duties and responsibilities, conduct and publish in the field of health care management, policy or health services research, and provide services.
The GSU campus is conveniently located within easy reach by road and rail from Chicago and surrounding communities. To learn more about Governors State University, visit www.govst.edu.
In addition to meeting fully its obligation under federal and state law, GSU is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Governors State University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
1) Doctorate in health management, policy, finance, accounting, economics, or health services research, and other business related disciplines with a health administration focus. ABD in final stage of completion will be considered with evidence of the degree being awarded before hiring. 2) Successful teaching experience at the graduate levels, 3) Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community, 4) must be able to teach at least two of the following areas: Healthcare Quality with Lean Six Sigma, Health Finance and accounting, and capstone course of health care management, 5) Demonstrated potential and skills to conduct and publish research. Applicants for the Associate Professor level will be expected to have documented record of peer-reviewed publications and MHA program director experience.
Candidates who come from the CAHME accredited program or have MHA program director experience are highly desirable. Strong skills in quantitative and qualitative health services research are preferred.
Posting Date 03/18/2021 Closing Date Open Until Filled No Posting Number FA0372P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5511 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
Required documentation: Letter of application focusing on the qualifications and interests; current Curriculum Vitae; and a list of three professional references. Candidates are invited to include other supporting documents such as publications, syllabi, and a statement of teaching philosophy. Official transcripts from the institution awarding the highest degree may be required prior to a campus visit.
Position: Open until filled (or cancelled). The review of applications will begin immediately. Applying for this position with all required documents should be submitted online at http://employment.govst.edu. Requests for additional information should be addressed to the chair of the Search Committee:
Dr. Nafees Qamar
Email: email@example.com. Phone: (708)534-4032
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest