Wardenburg Health Services at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a 1% Nurse ! This position will deliver comprehensive health care, including Sexual and Reproductive Health services, education and counseling primarily to the UCB student population. Care may be extended to UCB faculty, staff and UCB visitors on an urgent care basis. As a 1% employee, schedule will be variable depending on patient demand.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. The Wardenburg Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Rotates with all clinic RNs to coordinate treatment room, phone triage and immunization responsibilities.
- Works with medical providers to implement a treatment plan in accordance with medical guidelines and standards.
- Communicates with and educates patients regarding their medical condition, follow-up care, and preventive measures.
- Is familiar with the crash cart and its content and is prepared to administer BLS measures.
- Assesses patients’ needs for medical care during the triage process, acquires appropriate vital signs and documents pertinent medical history in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Implements provider plan of treatment for patients.
- Educates/counsels patients on preventative health care, wellness, use of supplies and reinforces provider’s instructions.
- Assists with the scheduling of follow-up care or referrals and in the evaluation of outcomes of plan of care with patient.
- Completes documentation in the electronic medical record to include updating the patient summary screen.
- Responsible for charging for all procedures, treatments and medications given.
Routine and Continuous Duties
- Maintains current knowledge of Clinic policies.
- Updates personal education log record, attends nursing and department meetings.
- Performs additional duties including data collection and reporting Q.I monitors, assuring sufficient stock of supplies and medications, and checking equipment for accurate function.
What You Should Know
We are looking for a candidate who has flexibility in their schedule who can offer 3-5 days per week during times of high patient census. There are periods of time during the year that we do not schedule our 1% staff: these times are typically over winter break, spring break and the summer months (June and July).
What We Can Offer
Salary starts at $34.00/hour, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Flexible. Be Professional. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Valid Registered Nurse License from the State of Colorado or any state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
- Current BLS certification by date of hire.
What You Will Need
- Able to identify emergency situations.
- Able to prepare and administer medications, immunizations, and subcutaneous and intramuscular injections.
- Is detailed with documentation and is a good communicator.
- Position requires basic digital literacy (experience with Windows based systems).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Experience working in college setting (sexual health experience preferred).
- Ability to communicate and relate well with staff and students in an academic environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 25, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu