Administrative Assistant (Academic/Workforce) Part-time
Administrative Assistant (Academic/Workforce) Part-time
2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experiencedAdministrative Assistant (Academic/Workforce) Part-time.
Provide advanced administrative support to an academic/workforce division and assist with projects, programs, and special events. Assist division in day-to-day clerical and/or customer service operations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to questions; provide accurate information in a timely and courteous manner.
- Build and schedule classes for assigned departments, and assist in resolving problems as needed within the division/department. Work with associate dean(s)/director(s) and deans to coordinate the inputting, proofing, and revision of class schedules. Request classrooms when necessary in the scheduling process, request and make room changes when deemed necessary, and assist in notifying students of canceled classes. Research and prepare statistical reports related to class schedules, enrollments, and other topics as requested by the dean or associate dean(s)/director(s).
- May assist students enrolling in classes and input data into the appropriate system. May assist students in canceled classes, overload into full classes, and adding students after classes begin
- May assist with the student application process. Receive, create, maintain, update, file and monitor applicant files for individual programs, student records and program files. Ensure appropriate forms are completed and filed accurately. Maintain confidentiality of all records, files, and applicant contacts.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- As directed by the dean, may assist the assistant to the dean, as needed, with tracking and monitoring budget areas within the division/department and assist with annual budget planning and development. Research problems, provide solutions, and work with the assistant to the dean to make necessary adjustments.
- Initiate departmental purchases, follow requisition status, coordinate delivery, verify charges, release payment and manage source documents. Coordinate the research, ordering, and inventory control of supplies and equipment, follow up on the requests and maintain relevant records.
- Use advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to compose memos and correspondence. Proofread all work to ensure accuracy. May assist with processing leave and local travel forms, check requests and other college forms as may be needed within the division/department. Sort and distribute mail. File and maintain correspondence, literature, training guides, notices, and brochures and forward relevant information to the appropriate department/person.
- Coordinate the scheduling of meetings and seminars for the associate dean(s)/director(s) by coordinating all details involved, with assistance from the assistant to the dean as needed. Schedule internal meetings, notify committee members, take and type minutes, maintain committee files.
- As may be assigned, assist the assistant to the dean with maintaining accurate labor distribution of divisional staff, full and part-time; ensuring proper submission of accurate reports; maintaining division status reports; processing and assisting with absence and substitute documentation; maintain current knowledge of relevant college policies, processes and procedures appropriate to such duties.
- As requested by the dean, serve as back up to the assistant to the dean.
- Represent the dean, associate dean(s)/director(s) when communicating with students, volunteers, faculty, staff, and public, providing accurate information in a timely and courteous manner. Review communications of various types and refer to appropriate department, faculty or staff for distribution. Prepare communication as requested and ensure all documents and correspondence are filed appropriately. Research information and complete forms, verifying a variety of information sources for appropriate communication as requested and according to laws, policies and procedures.
- May travel between campuses to attend meetings, workshops, and seminars, and/or provide campus coverage in order to contribute to the team efforts of the department.
- May assist with monitoring the day-to-day activities of student assistants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Two (2) years of administrative office experience or an equal combination of training an experience.
The following equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered: A high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of related office experience, OR a bachelor's degree and one (1) year of related office experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting
- Knowledge of department and division policies, procedures and programs, as well as policies and procedures of outside agencies with whom the department/division interacts
- Knowledge of department/division systems (i.e. Ad Astra, Banner, CougarMart, ARGOS, etc.)
- Knowledge of department/division specific equipment and supplies
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Collaboration skills
- Customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be self-motivated and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to operate, understand, and prepare reports using department-specific software and systems
- Ability to maintain department information accurately
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively utilize advanced computer software applications and peripherals
- Ability to plan and execute various aspects of programs
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $16.49 - 16.49
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney