Assistant Professor - MRI
Assistant Professor - MRI
Job Description Summary
The AU MRI Research Center and Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Auburn University invite applications for a tenure track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level in the field of magnetic resonance imaging. The successful candidate will (a) develop an independent research program using neuroimaging to investigate the neurobiology of psychological disorders and (b) collaborate in ongoing studies of individuals at high-risk for schizophrenia. Specifically, the individual will be responsible for advanced, high-field (7T) magnetic resonance imaging ( MRI ) and MR spectroscopy ( MRS ) supporting studies of PTSD, schizophrenia, depression, and other psychological disorders. Additionally, this individual will be expected to generate extramural funding through federal, industry, or other sources, develop a productive record of peer-reviewed scientific publications in nationally recognized journals and conferences, and teach both undergraduate and graduate courses.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or related field at the time of employment and have performed relevant postdoctoral training leading to expertise in neuroscience and advanced imaging of psychological disorders. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment. Excellent communication skills are required.
Desired qualifications are experience with high-field (7T) MRI imaging, ability to independently perform MRI / MRS in humans, proficiency with MRS post-processing software, and experience with acquisition and analysis of functional MRI (fMRI) and diffusion tensor imaging ( DTI ) data.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin on January 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research and/or Goals
- Other Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn