Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Teach lower-level and upper-level undergraduate/graduate Computer Science courses.
- Instruct courses in Rochester (position’s base) and in Winona as needed, at varied times, and via various media commensurate with department and university needs.
- Engage in scholarly research or creative achievement to enhance knowledge of field.
- Provide evidence of continuing preparation and study in the field to enhance teaching abilities.
- Contribute to student growth and development including student advising.
- Support Winona State University's mission to enhance the intellectual, social, cultural and economic vitality of the people and communities we serve by helping and service to the program, department, college, university and greater community. Serve on department, college, university and community committees.
- ABD in Computer Science or related field (doctorate must be completed by time of tenure decision).
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.
- Skills/ability to design and integrate technology for enhanced learning and teaching.
- D. in computer science by start of appointment.
- Passion for teaching undergraduate Computer Science students.
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness and excellence.
- Demonstrated capability of and interest in supporting departmental growth in one or more emerging area of computing, including but not limited to, security, mobile applications, human computer interaction, gaming, big data, virtual/augmented reality, artificial intelligence, natural language processing.
- Evidence of excellent oral and written English communication skills.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rochester