Technical Support Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Support Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing various technical and managerial tasks that support eLearning instruction and student support services.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the department’s servers, equipment, A/C environment, network, Learning Management System (LMS), security camera system, the IDF room equipment, and performing data back-ups.
- Responsible for configuring, troubleshooting, and room setup for the video conference and lecture capture systems at both campuses.
- Administrator for various software programs (Turnitin, Respondus, Accutrack, WebEx) and any other software program purchased by the eLearning Center.
- Assists with the administration of the LMS, including training and faculty support.
- Manages and troubleshoots the Ellucian Intelligent Learning Platform to ensure communication between the SIS system and LMS.
- Manages and troubleshoots the overall student drop process and serves as back-up for the LMS data upload process.
- Maintains, provides support for, and creates lab usage reports for the student tracking and proctoring programs.
- Provides software application training, student face-to-face orientations, and support.
- Serves as back-up support for the college’s quality assurance program, Quality Matters.
- Provides technical support for computers, laptops, and computer labs.
- Responsible for the department’s inventory system and equipment check out.
- Manages and provides Help Desk support for faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software and hardware to update/upgrade the unit’s technology.
- Is responsible for the setup of webinars, phone conferences, campus assembly, and other scheduled events.
- Maintains departmental technical operational procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing the faculty and student online evaluation process.
- Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director to fulfill departmental goals.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Technology, Educational Technology.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience related to training, learning management systems, video conferencing, computer based learning systems, interactive multimedia, audiovisual equipment, servers, and networks.
- Must be customer service oriented and be able to train users in innovative technology applications.
- Master’s Degree in technology, education, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate proficiency with personal computer usage and instructional technology, including audiovisual equipment, interactive multimedia, and computer-based learning systems.
- Must possess strong oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to apply technology design principles.
- Must be able to initiate, carry out, and complete tasks as per established deadlines.
The Technical Support Coordinator reports directly to the eLearning & Instructional Innovation Center Director.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laredo College offers a comprehensive benefit package.To read more about our Benefits, please visit this page on our College website
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Laredo