Senior Accounting Technician
Work Site Location: Workforce Training Center
This position is responsible for the general accounting functions of the Workforce Training and Community Education Unit of the college. This position works independently and applies UWA accounting principles to a wide variety of activities involving the daily operations of the Workforce Training Center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains integrity of the accounting and financial records of the Workforce Training Center business operations, as required by the NIC Business Office.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the unit’s internal financial systems and procedures, applying basic accounting concepts, methods, and techniques
- Prepares monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Protect the balance sheet through sound financial decision making in consultation with the Business Operations Manager and Director.
- Routinely communicates with supervisors and program coordinators relating to financial close, issues and deliverables.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
- Determines operations costs by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Assists with cost analysis process by providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains data management spreadsheets as required by the state and main campus.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential as appropriate.
- Serves as point of contact for the Workforce Training Center’s financial information.
- Compiles financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting and reconciling business transactions. Exercises due diligence in adjusting errors and handling complaints within limits.
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Investigates and resolves problems related to funds, budgets, expenditures and/or procurement practices within limits.
- Communicates and coordinates accounting policies, practices, and procedures with internal and external customers.
- Coordinates and oversees the day-to-day management of supply requisition, asset inventory management, and related activities. Manages inventory for various programs.
- Manages administrative activities and maintains workflow of the operation’s department in the Business Operation’s Manager’s absence.
- Maintains administrative activities and workflow of the operations team in the Business Operations Manager’s absence.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises the work of part-time or work study employees as required.
- Maintains a positive helpful constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Associate’s Degree and 5 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Associate's degree and a minimum of five years full-time related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to utilize independent judgment in establishing the accuracy and reasonableness of information.
• Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel).
• Knowledge of financial forecasting, diagnosis and analysis.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply accounting principles.
• Knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks.
• Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills in daily tasks.
• Efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to write effective, professional letters, reports and legal documents.
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
Advertised: 09 Oct 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Oct 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene