Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
The Transition Coordinator establishes and maintains relationships with local school districts and North Idaho College to provide opportunities for high school and non-secondary students to receive college credit using either technical dual credit, technical competency, or academic dual credit models.
The Transition Coordinator will be responsible for making presentations to high schools, prospective students and parents, and other constituent groups. The Transition Coordinator will to work with Career Technical dual credit, ABE/GED or Workforce Training students choosing to attend North Idaho College by assisting them through the college admission and registration process. This position will be an integral part of the Student Enrollment Management (SEM) initiatives and the retention goals of the North Idaho College.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Complies with Idaho Board of Education’s Governing Policy and Procedure (III.Y.) for Dual Credit.
- Advises students and parents on the distinctions of General studies, Transfer Credit, Technical Dual Credit and Technical competency credits on campus or in the prospective student’s high school.
- Meets and advises students on class schedule after evaluating educational pathway that best suites them.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications department to develop marketing plans and participates in the coordination of marketing efforts to regional high school students.
- Communicates with high school students, parents, faculty, counselors and district personnel to provide information, answer questions and provide advising regarding academic transfer and career technical pathways from high school to college.
- Plans and provides professional development activities, information and materials for instructors and counselors.
- Attends Idaho Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (IACRAO) events to encourage the communication of information and interchange of ideas regarding problems of common interest.
- Supports the effort to incorporate technical courses into the NIC dual credit program.
- Assists in the course-to-course articulation agreements between high school Career and Technical courses and post-secondary Career and Technical courses.
- Works closely with high school, ABE/GED, and Workforce Training technical students to assure that they seamlessly transfer into NIC CTE programs.
- Counsels high school and/or ABE/GED and Workforce Training students on the value and usefulness of academic and technical credits and how to apply to the transition to college.
- Provides registration, advising, financial aid, and Registrar information and assistance to current and prospective students, staff members, and the general public.
- Helps provide support and training for Skillstack management systems.
- Ensures compliance with college, state and federal regulations.
- Works with other Transition Coordinators in Dual Credit to provide data to the college, Idaho State Division of CTE and local school districts as requested.
- Develops communication documents and strategies for distribution to high school personnel, parents, and students as well as ABE/GED and Workforce Training centers.
- Participates in high school and college Career and Technical planning activities and research opportunities.
- Participates in college committees, staff and professional meetings and other appropriate assignments.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s Degree and 3 year(s) of experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited institution and a minimum of three years full-time experience in either K-12 or post-secondary education; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required License and/or Certifications : Must possess valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to travel between locations throughout the day
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of admissions, academic advising, and financial aid
• Basic skills using database systems, experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP preferred
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; skilled at listening
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
• Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare reports
• Ability to meet schedules and timelines
• Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action plan
• Ability to continually upgrade knowledge of tools and resources needed to perform duties
• Skill in performing accurately with heavy workload requirements and the ability to use effective time management skills in order to prioritize tasks to accomplish goals within established timeframes
• Knowledge of Title IV and FERPA laws, regulations, and guidance
Ability to travel on a regular basis to locations within the targeted service area of Idaho’s northern counties (Kootenai, Bonner, Boundary, and Shoshone). Ability to get in and out of vehicle as needed while traveling and gain access to various locations by climbing stairs as well as negotiating driveways and sidewalks. Ability to perform these duties year-round in weather that is sometimes wet, icy, or snow packed.
This position is funded partially through a grant awarded under the Carol D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006, as implemented by the Idaho Division of Career and Technical Education. This position is subject to continued federal funding and is currently funded through June 30, 2021.
Advertised: 09 Oct 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Oct 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene