Social Work Field Practicum Coordinator/Lecturer
Washburn University's Department of Social Work invites applications for the position of Field Practicum Coordinator/Lecturer beginning January 1, 2021. This position is a 9-month, full-time, non-tenure-track faculty appointment.
- Minimum of 5 years of social work practice experience
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
- Licensed Specialist Clinical Social Worker (LSCSW) or equivalent (licensed to practice at the clinical level)
- Teaching experience
- Assist in identifying, developing, evaluating, and securing field BSW/MSW placements
- Interview and assist in the placement of BSW/MSW students in community agencies
- Monitor and maintain a tracking system for all practicum students
- Provide liaison services between practicum office and community agencies
- Teach up to two courses per semester
- Application review will begin October 25, 2020, and continue until the position is filled. Send application letter, vita, transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Beth Kuhn, School of Applied Studies, Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS 66621; email@example.com. Electronic or hardcopy applications and application materials will be accepted. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburns efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the Universitys commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.