Graduate Nursing Programs, Adjunct (Pooled)
Job Description Summary
The School of Nursing at Florida Gulf Coast University invites applications for adjunct faculty positions beginning January 2021.
Individuals with clinical practice experience in an area of advanced practice nursing are especially encouraged to apply. Candidate’s primary appointment will be teaching theory or laboratory or clinical course(s) in Graduate Nursing Programs. Please indicate your area of interest and availability.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Adjunct faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites and clinical agencies within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach theory, laboratory, or clinical courses in the Graduate Nursing Program
- Provide professional mentoring to students
- Contribute to course and/or curriculum development
- Function as an effective, active, and collegial team member
Additional Job Description
- Earned doctorate in Nursing or a closely related field from a regionally-accredited institution or equivalent accreditation
- Graduate degree in Nursing with an area of specialization in Nursing from a nationally-accredited nursing program and regionally-accredited Institution or equivalent accreditation
- BSN degree in Nursing from a nationally-accredited nursing program and regionally-accredited Institution or equivalent accreditation
- Minimum of five years of nursing practice experience
- Current unrestricted RN; or APRN licensure or eligibility for RN or APRN licensure in the state of Florida
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers or equivalent
- Family Nurse Practitioner, CRNA, or other advanced practice national certification
- Nurse Educator Certification
- Experience teaching in the clinical setting
- Certification or experience in high fidelity simulation
- Experience with the development and delivery of on-line coursework
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in nursing knowledge and clinical practice
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong computer skills using web-based applications and Microsoft Office
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining standards and regulatory requirements in nursing practice
- Actively collaborates both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning
- Competence in the use of technology in teaching and distance learning
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointments will be made on a semester basis
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc. become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Nursing Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Surgery Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers