Job Description Summary
The School of Nursing at Florida Gulf Coast University invites
applications for adjunct faculty positions beginning January
Individuals with clinical practice experience in an area of
advanced practice nursing are especially encouraged to apply.
Candidate’s primary appointment will be teaching theory or
laboratory or clinical course(s) in Graduate Nursing Programs.
Please indicate your area of interest and availability.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Adjunct
faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to
changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of
instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to
effective use of technology including distance learning. Teaching
assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites and
clinical agencies within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Additional Job Description
- Teach theory, laboratory, or clinical courses in the Graduate
- Provide professional mentoring to students
- Contribute to course and/or curriculum development
- Function as an effective, active, and collegial team
- Earned doctorate in Nursing or a closely related field from a
regionally-accredited institution or equivalent accreditation
- Graduate degree in Nursing with an area of specialization in
Nursing from a nationally-accredited nursing program and
regionally-accredited Institution or equivalent accreditation
- BSN degree in Nursing from a nationally-accredited nursing
program and regionally-accredited Institution or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of nursing practice experience
- Current unrestricted RN; or APRN licensure or eligibility for
RN or APRN licensure in the state of Florida
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers or
- Family Nurse Practitioner, CRNA, or other advanced practice
- Nurse Educator Certification
- Experience teaching in the clinical setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Certification or experience in high fidelity simulation
- Experience with the development and delivery of on-line
- Demonstrated expertise in nursing knowledge and clinical
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong computer skills using web-based applications and
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining standards and
regulatory requirements in nursing practice
- Actively collaborates both within and outside the University in
the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved
- Competence in the use of technology in teaching and distance
Appointments will be made on a semester basis
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and
retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send
examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so.
Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks,
slides, books, etc. become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE
RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to
submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become
the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available
for public review upon request.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.