Department Business Administrator - (STA006528)
Manages the administrative, financial, budgetary and human resources operations of a very complex university department.
- Plans and manages the department's human and financial resources to support department objectives.
- Provides financial accountability and ensures compliance with state, university and external funding agency guidelines; responsible for all administrative and financial affairs of the department, including personnel, procurement, travel, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting-related issues within the department.
- Establishes the work assignments of staff and provides guidance as needed; fills vacancies, defines job duties, sets performance goals, and conducts annual performance appraisals; counsels employees and recommends disciplinary action; makes recommendations on promotions and new hires.
- Establishes or participates in the establishment of operational and administrative guidelines and inventory controls; enforces safety compliance rules and regulations.
- May advise and assist faculty in administrative planning and provide administrative oversight for sponsored research awards from federal, state, foundation and/or private funding agencies.
- Serves as the department liaison with Central Payroll, Human Resources, OSP and other department business managers.
- Oversees the management and maintenance of database for all personnel and payroll records.
- Interprets university policies and procedures for faculty and staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston