Water Resources Grant Program Coordinator
Position Water Resources Grant Program Coordinator Full Time/Part Time Part Time Job Type Term Appointment Position Summary
The position is responsible for supporting the Natural Resources Management Department’s 2020 USDA Hispanic Serving Institutions Education Grants Program award – Promoting Undergraduate Perception of, Preparedness for, and Placement in Water Resources Careers. The incumbent will lead recruiting and retention efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Retention Responsibilities
• Develop education and outreach programming (for example, presentations, working models, handouts, mini-science experiments, demonstrations) about watersheds and the importance of watershed monitoring. Such programming will need to be available in formats accessible by youth, the general public, as well as land managers/collaborative groups.
• Present education and outreach programming at appropriate venues, such as exhibit booths at NMHU career fairs, local schools, local conferences, meetings, etc. Coordinate with other watershed and conservation-focused groups doing similar work.
• Produce and disseminate marketing materials about project activities and student opportunities.
• Coordinate outreach efforts with local U.S. Forest Service Ranger Districts and other natural resources/water resources management partners.
• Analyze NRM student academic progress and arrange for provision of support services to increase the retention of program participants.
• Assist with the awarding of Water Resources academic scholarship (preparation of application materials, announcement of opportunity, culling of applications, coordination of a review committee, announcement of award).
• Maintain regular hours and excellent communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• EDUCATION : M.S. in a geoscience/natural resources field.
• EXPERIENCE : Familiarity with water resources and watershed monitoring.
• EXPERIENCE : At least 3 years of experience in education and outreach work.
• EDUCATION : Ph.D. in a geoscience/natural resources field.
• EXPERIENCE : experience in environmental science and water resources-related education
Special Conditions for Eligibility Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong working knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Zoom, and other basic computer functions.
• Familiarity with water resources science tools and techniques.
• Strong communication skills (speaking, writing, telephone, and e-mail).
• General positive attitude.
• Curiosity, enthusiasm, and a solid understanding of the material they are presenting.
• Experience working with the public including a variety of groups and stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate information at various levels of technical detail in a clear and engaging manner.
• Creativity, particularly in developing education and outreach programming.
• Enthusiasm for water resources monitoring and restoration and working with the public.
• Excellent teamwork skills; ability to work as a member of team with diverse skills and backgrounds.
• Ability to manage time, achieve goals, maintain motivation, and independently undertake tasks with minimum of direct supervision.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Repetitive hand motion and prolonged use of computer.
• Bending occasionally.
• Squatting occasionally.
• Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and evenings as required.
Pay Rate $18.29 Hr. Work Location/Campus Center Online - In the State of New Mexico EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS418P Open Date 09/16/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Names, telephone numbers and email address of three (3) professional references in online application; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505) 454-3242 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link http://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6127 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Are you available to work in the evening (6 pm to 10 pm)?
- Are you available to work weekends?
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Las Vegas